Thursday, September 10, 2009

One step forward and it's back you go...

I'm seeing these ads for Jay Leno's new 'prime time' comedy show.


Who exactly finds this guy funny? Anyone? Tedious, self-important, pompous, overpaid, sure! But funny? I can't be the only one who doesn't understand why this show is happening. If he wanted to stay on TV, stay on the Tonight Show. Or better yet, be as classy as Johnny Carson and when you retire, STAY retired.

A promo said of the show, "It's going to ROCK TV's world." A promo said of Jay himself "He's been called 'The Future Of Televion'". Yeah, sure. Hyperbolic much?

Oh well, it's just another TV show I won't be watching.


POLT Listening to Thursday Night Football

I take it black, like my men. - Airplane

3 comments:

Tam said...

I never watched him before, won't watch him now. Not really my style although once he told a story about ordering pancakes in London which still makes me giggle, but that's one story in how many years?

john said...

You are not alone. I can't stand him.

I will also add that on top of tedious, self-important, pompous and overpaid, I find him to be very, very angry and kind of pitiful.

hoteltuesday said...

I think he's funny sometimes. Don't hate me.