Monday, September 07, 2009

The navy man, who has to work the yard...

Spent an hour and a half in the new backyard with mom today. We mowed the grass (and when I say we, I mean she, cause I'm allerigc and can't mow grass), ripped out some weeds and other little plants I didn't want, andcut down two small trees, ripping parts off a third. I want as little stuff in the backyard as can be because, as I said, I can't do yardwork. But we did manage to cut the limbs to managable size, get everything into two trash cans and tied up into three piles of limbs and branches, and get the ready for the garbage man this week.

The floors aren't dont yet, but we can see what they've down so far in the living room and the dining room, and it looks 100% better. It's shiny and clean, and a deeper, darker color than before. I love hard wood floors.

Everything else is still kinda on hold until the floors get done, but by the end of the week, we should be able to resume moving things in and the cleaning.

I don't see how I'm gonna get all that done by the end of the month AND get all my shit here packed up and ready to go in that same amount of time, but I just keep telling myself, by this time next month, it'll all be done and then I won't have to worry about it anymore. That's not entirely comforting now, cause I still have to do all the packing, moving and unpacking, but it is nice to know it'll all be done sometime.

POLT Listening to "All Along The Watchtower" by Jimi Hendrix

I didn't hit you over the head and drag you up here to talk about interior design, my little poster boy. - Swift, The Authority #14

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

During the week just do a couple hours packing and a couple hours cleaning every other night, alternate them.

And the grass - well if you're gonna have it just get one of those robotic lawnmowers.

Anonymous said...

I HATE packing and unpacking it is just so tedious. I wish you good luck.

:)

Onanite