Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Take a day off and rest yourself...

I am beat, like a bad dog. My arms are burning, my legs are burning, and my lower back is sore. On Sunday mom and I went through the things in my basement storage. Today, we had to put the stuff I didn't want out to the trash. We had to carry it to the back of the basement, through the cold cellar, up a steep flight of stairs and out to the back yard. Then we had to carry it around the side of the house, down a flight of stairs to the sidewalk.

I had several boxes of old National Geographics. Let me tell you, those magazines are freaking heavy when piled together! I also had to lug a trash can full of crap, which was quite heavy in and of itself. And while hefty it up the stairs, I brought my head up too soon and smacked it squarely on the brickwork above. Yeah, that was pleasant.

After all the moving yesterday, and then this trash stuff, I'm pretty well, as they say, knackered.

In addition, last night, I could NOT get to sleep. I wasn't stressing over bad stuff like I was last week, no, I just couldn't get my mind to slow down. I laid in bed, thinking about where I was going to put this piece of furniture or that bookshelf. I couldn't stop. I tried thinking about other things, and nothing at all. Didn't help. I got up, got online for a about ten minutes, still didn't help. I laid in bed, reading a bit...didn't help.

Finally, at a bit before 3:30, I called into work and left messages that i wouldn't be in. I knew there was no way I was going to be able to get up at 7:00 to get to work on time. Soon after that, I did get tired enough to fall asleep. But, somehow, I was awake at 8:00. *SIGH* I called Mom to let her know, and she said she was going shopping for some things for the house, did I want to go along?

So, after she made us breakfast, we left about 9:45. We didn't back until 3:30! We went to Hagerstown (half hour south), got a door, two ceiling fans, some blinds, accesories, and looked at rugs. We dropped the stuff off at my house, then drove to Chambersburg (half hour north) and got two more ceiling fans as well as ate lunch.

And I've not yet went back to sleep, although I am quite tired. I don't expect to have any problem going to sleep tonight. Quite a busy day.

POLT Listening to "Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares"

It's been five days since you tackled me, I still have the rugburns on both my knees. - The Barenaked Ladies

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's just the oink flu doesn't get a hold of you during your moving experience!!!