Friday, September 04, 2009

In a crowded room where the bookshelves help you...

Each night this week, I've taken two boxes each night down to the house and have been filling up the built in bookshelves. Sweet.

Tomorrow, we're having a guy come to sand the hard wood floors in three of the rooms, and having them redone. He'll start tomorrow, and put three coats down, which of course all have to dry. Which basically means we probably won't get back into the house until sometime Wednesday. Well, we can get into the kitchen, cause that floor won't be done, but that's about it. So that's gonna cut into the time i have to move things in/get the place cleaned up. But really it needs to be done, and the sooner the better, so we'll just have to lose that time. Just means we'll have to be busier once it's all done.

On the UPside, I've got a photo of the shelves with the books.


POLT Listening to "You Don't Care About Us" by Placebo

How do you have patience for people who say they love America but hate Americans? - Sydney, The American President

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, looking at that I realize I'd still need more bookshelf space.

As it is now we have six linear feet times eight shelfs, for a total of 48 linear feet of books in there.

Two shelves are given to office supplies and phone collection.

Then there's the two foot tall pile of books on my desk, and the 3 foot pile in my bedroom.

It's a sickness I tell ya.

But I like a newly populate bookshelf. They look so pristine.

Tam said...

Your shelves look great and having the floors done now makes sense. Almost impossible once you have furniture in.

Mark said...

You're taking me back to when I got my forst apartment by myself. Even though I didn't own it and all I had for furniture was an old couch someone gave me and my mattress on the floor, I was still the happiest person in the world.
I can only imagine the giddy excitement you're feeling right now. I'm jealous, Love Ya!

that's J-O-S-H said...

Yay for reading! Good jerb!

john said...

Looks great Polt!

Michelle M. said...

Yay books! And you arranged them so neatly! Bonus points for that : ).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your bookshelves look great so tidy and neat. I love it.

Onanite