Sunday, December 13, 2009

Angel delight, give me my reward in heaven tonight...

I have decided, in fact I did so over the last few months, that after the holidays, I would buy a new desktop, an iPhone, and a flat screen LCD TV. The TV, mom's been pushing on me for two years, even going so far last year as to say she'd buy me one. But I could never justify it. The tv I have, 30 couple inches, is fine, I couldn't justify spending all the money on a TV.

However, a few weeks ago, I watched the latest Star Trek movie on the flat screen TV of A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking and it was incredible. Now granted, that was also on blu-ray, but still, it was SO clear, just like I was in a theater watching it. And then, last week, during one of my multiple trips to Wal-Mart (don't judge) I happened to be in the electronic dept and I casually checked out the TV's they had on display...and was drawn in. And it was then that I decided, even though I still couldn't justify it, I would be getting a TV early next year.

Cut to today. Mom and I go to eat at Fuddruckers, and then to Target cause she's looking for an LCD tree topper (don't ask). We go inside, she picks up a flyer, and what's on the front? A 31.5 inch flat screen LCD Sylvania TV for $299 ("You save $70!") So while mom went off to the Christmas section of the store, I wandered off to the electronics section.

And I found the TV that was on sale. And I was quite impressed. It looked SO nice. And it would clearly fit on my tv stand. And speaking of clear, my GOD it was clear, and sharp, and just reeked awesomeness. In fact, I think I heard one calling from a box to me "buy me, Polt, buy me. You know you want to!"

I'm not one to ignore disembodied voices that no one else hears cause they're inside my head, so, I bought it. I justified it by saying since I have all my shopping done, and some of the wrapping done, this is my reward. I was just gonna say it was my Christmas present to myself...and then I remembered the book, and three CD's, and jacket, and shirt, and super hero undies, the graphic novels I bought at a recent sale at the comic book store...all of which were supposed to be 'my Christmas gifts to myself'. So this tv, this was my reward.

At any rate, this is the beauty I purchased, sitting in it's place of prominence in my living room.


And yeah, it's showing today's Dallas game, which they squandered away. But I shouldn't be surprised, it IS December and Dallas always implodes in December. But I'm not sad, cause I watched the debacle on a flat screen LCD tv!

Two words: Suh & Weet.

POLT Listening to the Eagles-Giants football game

Jessica Simpson wouldn't sleep with Nick Lachey until they tied the knot - "won the battle, lost the war" springs to mind. - Gary Ryan

2 comments:

Mark My Words said...

We all deserve a little sumthin' now and then. Happy viewing!

Michelle M. said...

Upgrade! Yay Polt! Enjoy your wonderful new tv : ).