Monday, December 07, 2009

Right for the weekend, crazy clothes, anything...

My weekend.

All last week, the comic book store was having a sale. Luke, the owner does this periodically to clear out old inventory. On Friday, I stopped by and I ended up spending just a smidge more than $100. I know, it surprised even me I spent that much. But I got at least a half dozen graphic novels, and an action figure set. And remember, nearly everything I purchased was 50% off, so that's an excellent deal, I think. And this is the action figure set I got:


It's the Young_Avengers. I do quite enjoy the Young Avengers, but that's not the sole reason I got this set. See, the two figures on the right are Hulking and the Asgardian, two teenaged superheroes. And it just so happens they're both gay as well. And in a relationship. And I have to support my gay brothers in comics (it's the only reason I bought the Batwoman figure last year).
Saturday, it snowed here, which I think I've mentioned already, but this is a photo I took on the way home:


It was a dead end road I was driving up, and there was no traffic, and the road was clear. Don't worry, I'm not stupid enough to take a photo like this in a dangerous situation.

As I went I got to mom's on Sunday I saw this on her patio:


She keeps this large star hanging up on the side of the house, but she's put a lighted wreath up there for the holidays. So she left this on the picnic table. And I thought it an interesting photo.

Also, I got to watch the Redskins lose in overtime, which was awesome. And I saw on the ticket that the Steelers lost to the Raiders, of all teams, which was awesome as well. Course, then Dallas lost to the Giants, which was very sad. But not unexpected. I mean, it IS December, and the Cowboys always implode during December for some reason. They have for the last few decades (or so it seems) so why should this year be any different?

Today, I went Christmas shopping but it was very frustrating. I spilled the whole batch of icey snow that was on my trunk INSIDE the trunk when I opened it, onto a few things and soaking into the carpet back there. I had trouble finding gifts for my little cousins, and it took a well timed pep talk from mom to NOT have me just up and leave and buy them all gift certificates. The traffic was nuts, every old person was out and in front of my refusing to drive over 35 miles an hour. People inside the stores were even crazier: stopping in the middle of an aisle, with their cart at an angle blocking all of it; stopping instantly to get thier cell phone without warning and having me almost crash into them; parking thier carts in the middle of the aisles to talk to each other about the gifts they were buying; talking so loudly on the phones that I can hear thier conversations in the next aisle. Frankly, I was surprised I didn't punch someone right in the throat. Or several someones.

On the upside, I did get all my shopping done, and even got a few things for myself. The best of which is what follows:


Yeah, a Spock doll. And this one I HAVE to call a doll because it's from....the Barbie collection. *SIGH* Never thought I'd ever buy a Barbie anything, but what could I do?

And of course, once I got home, the day didn't end. Getting the bags out of the backseat, one tipped on me, dropping the book and calendar in it onto the ground. I managed to get everything put back together, but as I was walking to the backdoor, the handle on another bag broke, dropping the two things in it onto the alley.

So yeah, once I got inside, I've stayed inside. I'm afraid if I go outside again, I might kill someone. Or myself. And after I managed to snag a half hour nap, everything seems not as bad as it was earlier in the day.

Oh, and for those readers who have sent me money (and you know who you are) watch your mailboxes, as something was mailed out to all of you today.

POLT Listening to "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam

I'm Booster Gold! If I were Green Lantern, my costume would be green, not gold, wouldn't it? - Booster Gold, Justice League Unlimited

2 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Yaaay! I'll be watching the mailbox.
I gave up and got the nieces and nephews giftcards to the bookstore.

My Wonder Woman doll is from Barbie as well. And I haven't taken her out of the box yet.

Polt said...

ACK *GASP* Take them OUT OF THE BOX???? Are you crazy? or are you under the age of 10 and don't know any better??? You don't EVER take them out of the box! Action figures are made to be enjoyed whilst encased in the box! That's why all the boxes are transparent! :)

HUGS...