Sunday, December 06, 2009

Dinner at eight, she likes the theater but never comes late...

Last night, we got our first snow here. They say it was just a bit over an inch. It snowed as I drove to work and pretty much kept going until it got dark. But it only laid on the grass. The roads and sidewalks were just wet. And it was beautiful. I love the first snow of the year. In fact, pretty much ANY snow up through the New Year celebration, I love. (Well, as long as it' not like a foot or more of snow). Once we get into the new year, I generally get sick of snow and don't want it anymore. But whatever, it's not like I have any control over that anyway.

After work then, Michelle and I had reservations at a local dinner theater. I had never been to any dinner theater before (well, not for the theater performance anyway...but more on that a bit later), she had been to this place several times before. I was quite impressed. The food was outSTANDing! There wasn't a single thing there that wasn't tasty.

The theater part of it was a holiday show. Basically, they had about a dozen actors singing Christmas songs in the loose plot of a family getting together for the holiday. Had 5 kids in it, none older than 7, I'd say, and they were aDORable. They had 'grandma' there too, and she was pretty funny. Everyone was talented, some people had better voices than others, but all of them were very good.

I had a thoroughly fun and entertaining time. And so did Michelle. We decided we were going to get season tickets: the coming shows are "The Odd Couple", "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying" "The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas", "Oliver" and another one I can't recall, but which we thought sounded good.

I knew, from the photos that Danny would be in the show. Also, I saw the a guy named Jeff was in it too. Jeff is a guy I met through a mutual friend back in 1995. We both hung out in the same group for a few months, and we hooked up once. I don't remember how it occured, but I remember we were at his house getting it on, and the phone rang. Apparently it was an important call, cause he had to stop to get it. And it was a kinda long call. So I went out into the living room where the phone was, and while he was on it, kept playing with him, both orally and with my hand while he tired to maintain the conversation. We both laughed about it later.

Also, about that same time, I ran into Danny at the gay bar across the street from the playhouse. And we ended up going to the Playhouse (it was after midnight, but Danny had a key) and went inside and got it on on the stage. But it was in the dark, because he didn't want anyone to see the lights on. Made it quite interesting getting to the sofa on the stage, but a good thing Danny knew his way around in there in the dark.

Anyway, the time I had last night really wasn't as good as the first time I was there, but it was quite enjoyable nonetheless. And I can't wait to go back.

POLT Listening to the Cowboys-Giants football game

I never hurt nobody but myself, and that's nobody's business but my own. - Billie Holliday

1 comment:

hoteltuesday said...

I was standing on the train platform during the first snow. BOO.
Got it on on the stage?! I should warn David about sitting on any of the set furniture in his future plays... There are probz other people doing this all around the world.