Wednesday, December 16, 2009

You got me feelin' emotions, and higher, higher, higher...

I had someone at work tell me recently that I say a lot without saying a word, with just my facial expressions. It got me thinking, maybe I CAN convey emotions with just the raising of an eyeborw or the curl of my lip. I stood in front of the mirror and tried it and lo and behold, I DID show a lot of emotions.

So I decided to photograph them and share them with you all here. I call them Poltemoticons, or Polticons for short (although that last one sounds a bit like a Transformer toy, so I probably won't use that one too much).

Enjoy.



POLT Listening to "Dancing Queen" by ABBA

The most alluring human vessels were often the most empty, or if not empty, the most brimming with toxins. - Paul Reidinger, The City Kid

9 comments:

Ray Avito said...

I'm wondering who the Drunken Canadian is and tripping over the synchronicity of our bottle holding/eye makeup wearing selves...

Fun!

Polt said...

The Drunken Canadian is Nathan, and the photo is from his response to being voted out of Enrickyricardo's Project Runway thing. Hilariously funny photos he had! :)

HUGS...

Anonymous said...

I can't understand why my photo isn't under "angelic".....

Anonymous said...

I can't understand why my photo isn't under "angelic".....

john said...

OMG! I totally thought he should put a photo of Josh for "sassy" and you did! That and "theatrical" were great.

Polt said...

john: I tired to think of something to put a rabbit photo in for you, but then I thought it wouldn't necessarily BE you, it would just be a photo of a rabbit...which kinda diminished the whole idea, so I didn't. But I thought about it! :)

HUGS...

Michelle M. said...

This is so cute. I love your surprised photo the best. It was fun to see everyone and guess which emotion they would be under. Dorky and drunk Canadian were pretty easy guesses : ).

that's J-O-S-H said...

You. Make. Me. Feeeeeeeeeel. So. Emotional!

john said...

Thanks for the thought Polt, but it's fine! Rabbits are good at disapproval apparently: http://www.disapprovingrabbits.com/

Mine also pull of sleepy pretty well.