Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Whoa oh, it's christmas time pretty baby,..

I'm experiencing quite a dichotomy of emotions lately. Firstly, I'm for some reason, really into Christmas this year. Not that I'm not other years, but this year, I seem to be all 'in the season' and early on. I've already taken care of my Christmas cards and decorating (which I normally due the first week of December anyway), but I'm already done shopping. And I've got a few wrapped already. And that NEVER happens this soon.


Plus, Christmas music isn't irritating me like it normally does. I've found a radio station that's playing nothing but Christmas music, and that's really all I listen to now while driving anywhere. And usually, I'm all tired of and quite over Christmas music by now, if indeed I ever get 'into' it. And I heard the Hannukah Song today and did NOT turn it off. I got nothing against Jews, but I do NOT like Adam Sandler much, nor that song at all. Usually. But this year, it's fine. And I find myself whistling or humming Christmas songs throughout the day.

It's not like I'm running around wearing reindeer antlers, mistletoe, and only red and green. But, other than people being idiots when driving or when shopping, I'm not getting as irritated as I usually do. And it's a good, albeit surprising, feeling.


On the other end, I'm much more sensitive, emotionally. I find that I'm second guessing myself a lot before I say or write something, cause I don't want to offend or upset others. And I'm finding that I have very thin skin lately, with things bothering me that normally wouldn't. I'm less sure of myself in a lot of decisions I've been making. Not earth shattering stuff, just everyday things. "Should I say this?" "Will this bad thing happen if I don't do the following?" "Do I need to worry why he asked me that?" "What did he mean by THAT?" No, I don't get it either. Don't know why I'm doing this, so I don't know how to stop it. Things like this come and go though, so I hope to just wait until it goes away.

And I'll enjoy the Christmasy feelings, I guess, until the others do go away. At least that's my plan.


POLT Listening to "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" by Devo


I'm not going to say it to his face. I was raised right. I only talk about people behind their backs. - Kathy Griffin

No comments: