Friday, December 18, 2009

That's why i give you jitters, it figures...

It figures.

Six years ago, I organized a photo of my 6 cousins and I, as well our various spouses and kids taken professionally, and we had them framed and given to our parents and grandparents as Christmas gifts that year.

Last year, since there had been several marriages, seperations and kids in those 5 years, my cousin said she'd get us all together for another photo. And she tried all year, but couldn't manage it.

Last Christmas, I said I'd get us together for a photo this year. And I tried. But people went on vacations, or weren't available this week or that week or whatever. My one cousin got married in July and all of us were going to be there, so we thought of doing it them, even though she'd be in a wedding gown. But one cousin didn't know about this and didn't bring her young son, so we called it off. probably a good idea, since it wouldn't have looked right to have some in wedding attire and others in just jean shorts (yeah, I got family members that wear jean shorts to a wedding...don't judge). At any rate, I just couldn't bring it all together.

Then, two weeks ago, mom and I were talking about the family Christmas getogether tomorrow night. Everyone would be there, and we decided we'd just get a photo taken then, WITH grandma and our parents and everyone: the whole entire family. Mom set about calling everyone and telling them and telling them SHE was in charge of it (not our aunt who views herself as a 'professional' photographer and always has to take a dozen photos of every shot because someone blinked, or wasn't looking or wasn't smiling or whatever).

And just last week I thought to myself, "Well good, finally it'll get done. Only that could stop it now would be a snowstorm."

.............*SIGH*............ forecast for tomorrow night? Major snowstorm, starting tonight, anywhere from 1-3 to 6-10 inches for our area, depending. I guess fate, kimset, the gods, karma, whatever, just do NOT want us to take this photo.

If freakin' figures.

POLT Listening to "Mr. Heatmizer" by Red Hot Voodoo Daddies

4 comments:

that's J-O-S-H said...

I'm sorry about your botched family photoshoot!

I'm not lookin' forward to the snow either. I have to work four shifts this weekend and I am pretty sure that a) getting to work will suck taint) and b) barely anyone will come in cuz they will have more sense than you commute in such a terrible snow extravaganza!

Tam said...

Well crap, the bigger families get the harder it is to get everyone in one place at the same time. And mother nature seems to not be cooperating either. Hope the storm is not as bad as predicted and you all get together.

Michelle M. said...

Wow - sounds like quite a job getting that photo taken. Hope the weather holds up.

Anonymous said...

Seems like it just wasn't meant to be. Maybe next year?