Thursday, December 24, 2009

I screen my phone calls, no matter who calls...

I didn't post yesterday, cause it was a mad busy day. Left here at 7:30, got to work. After work, went to the Mall (and I HATE crowds and traffic) for dinner with A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking, and then along with Ghostie, all of us went to see Avatar (review is forthcoming). Afterwards, ALCMDPP followed me home to get the Missus's present he was keeping in the basement (not an Egyptian mumy he purchased on eBay, nope not at ALL, Susan. honest!), and he got it wrapped. By then it was about 11pm. I had to harvest my onions and rice on Facebook before they all went bad, then to bed to read some new comic books I got that day as well, and then finally, I was off to sleep about 1230am.

Now, most normal evenings, I get zero phone calls. Sometimes, I get one, very rarely two or so. SO last, while sitting in Avatar, how many phone calls did I get? FOUR! Four freakin' phone calls and a text message. Thank God I had the phone set on vibrate, but I swear, if I got like two more calls, I would have shot off in my pants what with all the vibrating. It was crazy.

I got calls from mom, FDot, Corey, and Johnnie. So after the movie let out, I called mom to see what she wanted. After that, on the way home, I called FDOT returning his message. While doing so, I got another call coming in, from ALCMDPP. He was following me to my house and he was telling me he was behind me still even though there was a truck between us. While I was tlaking to him, I got a call, Corey called me back. While I was on the phone with him, another call came in, and it was Johnnie called back. While I was talking to him, yet ANOTHER call came in, it was ALCMDPP again, telling me we didn't have to go to Wal-Mart. When we hung up, I realized I had just gotten, in the course of like 4 hours, 9 phone calls and 1 text message! Insantity!

It's all good though. Mom just wanted to know how my day went. FDot and I exchanged Christmas greetings. Corey and I informed each other that we got each other gifts, and when we'd exchange them. And Johnnie said he was back in the area from Philly, and we agreed he'd stop by sometime on Monday. So, I'm glad I got all the calls, but crimeny, couldn't they have been spread out a bit over the week?

POLT Listening to "This Chrismas" by Ann Hampton Callaway

That's the way people are: ignorant or stupid, and there's nothing you can do about it, except educate them...or shoot them. - Debbie, Queer As Folk

No comments: