Friday, December 25, 2009

No place like home for the holidays....

Today, of course, I went to Mama Polt's. Grandmama Polt was there as well. Mom and I exchanged gifts. I got her a gift certificate to Lowe's (which she said she'd probably just spend on junk for my house), a three CD set of Christmas Music, and a gift certificate to a local spa. After all the work she did down at my hosue this year, I thought it only right that I give her something to help her relax.

She got me this:


She bought the fleece and then sewed on the border herself. And she got it long enough and wide enough to cover me when I'm laying on the couch. She also got me these:


Those are locally made caramels in the little box. And that's this year's Star Trek ornament, which she gets me every year. I do love Border's gift certificates and coupons! And you just can't go wrong with....Mixed Nuts. She also got me a large, foldable ladder, that I couldn't bring with me today because I was walking. But it will make it's way down here soon. And I forgot to get a photo of it, but it's a ladder, so do you really need a photo?

Soon after the opening of the gifts, it was time for the Mama Polt cooked Christmas meal. This was her getting the turkey out of the cooker.


And this is the final spread on the table right before we dug in. Yummy!


And this, well this is that little begger that lives at Mom's, sitting next to me looking all innocent and sweet as pie and sugary rainbow like, and trying to con me out of a piece of turkey by whining occasionally.


And you know what? It worked. Totally.

Following the meal the three of us sat around and talked and listened to Christmas music and played with Angel for about three hours before I packed thing up and left, loaded up with gifts and full tummy. Just the way one always likes to leave one's mother's house.

POLT Listening to "Christmas Vacation" on TV

Too many midnight snacks not only leads to an empty refrigerator, but also to buttocks the size of Texas. - Opus, The Penguin

3 comments:

john said...

It sounds like a perfect day.

Merry Christmas Polt, to you and Mama and Grandma Polt too!

Tam said...

Sounds like a wonderful day and everything looks yummy. That blanket looks so warm and cozy.

Michelle M. said...

What a great spread - and some great gifts, too. Mama Polt is a treasure.

I had caramels (Godiva - fancy!) and mixed nuts (no peanuts!)for Christmas, too!