Friday, December 25, 2009

Macaroni and cheese, and santa put gifts under christmas trees...

So, I know there's one question that's on everyone's minds: "Uncle Polt, what did you get for Christmas?" Wait no more, because I'm here to answer that.

First of all, back in autumn, I took part in Josh's Blogger Exchange Bloggey Gift thing, wherein all participants gave their infomation to Josh, who (with Enrico's help) picked names for each us of to buy a gift for. Sometime last week, I got a gift in the mail. I saw it was from my buddy Dave S. and laughed to myself over the irony that Dave S. would have gotten my name. I opened th package and gasped at my gift:


A whole bunch of bubble wrap! How awesome! No, actually, I found in the bubble wrap this gift:


I unwrapped it, and inside was this box!!!


A Superman gift! And I could tell it wasn't a new, or recently made thing just from the box. Opening it, I found the gift itself!


A Superman hairbrush! From the 1970s! I later found out it was in fact a vintage brush that he had gotten on eBay! I had to try it out.


No, kidding, of course, I didn't! That would ruin the bristles! But I was all excited. So I took a photo and sent it to Josh for him to use when reveals all the gifts and such. Then, a few days later, I got an email from Dave S., asking if I got the gift, and, much to my surprise, telling me that he specifically told Josh not to give him my name, as Dave S. was planning on buying me a gift anyway this year!!! So it wasn't THE bloggey gift, it was just a regular awesome gift from Dave S. Just sent because he's so awesome himself!

So I alerted Josh to the fact the brush wasn't mine, and I anxiously waited for my REAL bloggey gift to arrive. And then, just on Wednesday, the 23rd, I arrived! It was from Enrickyricardo! I laughed before I even opened it, cause I knew it would something to make me laugh, just cause I know Enrickyricardo like that.

So I opened it and several smaller packages fell out and a card. I opened the card, in the purple envelope naturally, first. Inside was this card:


Yes, it IS indeed a birthday card, for a boy. But inside he explained that this was the only purple card he could find and so i got it. Laughter from me. Then I opened the packages and found these items:


It's a book titled "Good Sex After 50" which, a note of attached explained, he got for me since I'm "like 48 or something". More laughter. And, Enrico, trust me when I say I will read this book, because I've got 8 years, not 2, to go before I'd really need the book and I want to know it well when the time comes.

Also included were two CD's. He got them for me because of my lack of musical culture, or understanding or some such junk, and I guess they are supposed to enlighten me. He got me a Nelly Furtado CD, which is awesome, cause I DO like her, especially 'Maneater' which is included in the CD he got me! The other one is a Kelly Clarkson CD...yeah, I know. She's not at all my cup of tea, but I will promise Enrico this much: Since he was sweet enough to get it for me, I will listen to it. All the way through. At least, and possibly only, once. And I'll do my best to do so with an open mind and try to give it a fair listen.

This is getting long, I'll continue in a seperate post soon.

POLT Listening to the Chargers-Titans football game

This is your sofa? Were you ever in prison, by chance? - Thom, Queer Eye For The Straight Guy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And this is why I don't think I'll ever be on the blogger gift thing. The toys just get too expensive. If you've ever perused my flickr site you know what I collect.

But overall you got some decent loot.

Michelle M. said...

What a great brush - yay Dave S.

Enrico is trying to convert you - I wonder how long it will be until you're quoting lyrics along with joshrico?

hoteltuesday said...

ONLY ONCE?! You will listen to it once and then cherish it and play it 32309 more times, like me!!! SO GOOD. I'm glad you liked my gifts!!