Saturday, December 19, 2009

Like a winter storm, before the rain come pourin' down...

Naturally, during the snowpocalypse, I took photos.


When I got home last night about 11:30 PM, this was the view from my back porch. Not too bad yet.


This morning, about 11:00am, this was the same view. Still not too bad. But when I looked out the window about two hours ago, Miss Cleo's tires were roughly half covered with snow, so you can figure out how much more we've gotten.


A view through my front storm door, mid afternoon. You can see it coming down against the house on the other side of the street.


Another view out the front door.


My boots are totally covered in the snow as I walked to mom's. These particular boots go around my ankles, should give you an idea of the depth.


Walking up a hill on the way to moms. I found this one particularly beautiful.


This is either me once I reached mom's or the first proof of an abominable snowman.


At mom's Angel had to go out. Mom had said earlier in the morning, mom let her out the backdoor, she had kept the gate open. But Angel walked across the patio, stood at the gate, and peed right there, and then ran back inside. She didn't even bother to go outside the gate into the yard. I let her out the front door. She was walking around the sidewalk and into the grass, it was up against her stomach, but she jsut stopped and peed. I doubt she even had to squat as high as the snow was. At least we didn't lose her in the snow.

Might have more photos tomorrow once I get up and start shoveling again.

POLT Listening to the Cowboys-Saints football game

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. - Dennis, Monty Python And The Holy Grail

2 comments:

Mel said...

I'm hoping we get at least that much. That's sort of a minimal snowfall in my world and I think we'd need it to ensure a white Xmoose.

hoteltuesday said...

Yikes! That dog must be cold. Good thing I don't have to walk Richard Parker...