Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Toughest tree around, the timber man will bring it down...

When I bought the house, there was a tree in the backyard I didn't like. It was just kinda sitting there, sorta in the way. And once I started parking Miss Cleo in the parking area I had made in the backyard, leaves and bird shit covered the poor girl. So I wanted the tree taken down. Also, there were some branches from the back tree overhanging the parking area as well, but I only wanted those branches taken down, not that whole tree.

A guy came and did it, but he left a large chunk of trunk there for about three weeks until he finally came and took that down too. Now, I don't have to worry about leaves or birdshit, I don't have to worry about trying to navigate between it and the wall on the other side of the alley. And it's opened up the yard, letting light in and improving the view.

Here is montage of the scene:

The tree.


The trunk.


Just the stump and some sawdust.


POLT Listening to "Starlight" by Muse

The great thing about living on a flight path is sometimes luggage just falls from the sky. - Carson, Queer Eye For The Straight Guy

2 comments:

FunWithGrindr said...

I know that tree was a pain in the butt for you. Yay that it's gone! :) And now Miss Cleo doesn't have to suffer with aviary poo.

hoteltuesday said...

This entry is going to make me cry for days!
Poor tree!!
I actually liked the way it was just at the end of the thing like that. It was all alone, but still standing... Until now.