Monday, December 21, 2009

BITS-N-PIECES

Got the most recent issue of Rolling Stone in the mail. There was a big thing attached to it saying it was my final issue and I needed to renew right away. But I've decided not to. I don't really read it much, except for the politcial stuff when they put that in. The artists they cover are generally not artists I listen to or care to read about. So I'm just going to let it lapse.

However, it makes me a smidge sad, cause this is the magazine I've been getting the longest. When I was a freshman in college, I rented a room from a family in the town the college was in. And one of their sons sold me the Rolling Stone subscription for fund raiser he was doing at school. This was the fall of 1986. So I've been getting Rolling Stone magazine for 23 years...longer than many of the artists covered in the mag have been alive. Perhaps that is kinda why I'm a bit out of touch with what they're talking about in the magazine.
*******************************************
Am I the only one glad that Jeremy Roloff is now at least 19 and I can't go to jail for thinking the things I think about him?
*******************************************
Every Christmas Mama Polt makes HORDES of cookies, fudge, peanut brittle, and other candies. And every year for several years, we took batches of it over to work, my co-workers look forward to and love it. Today was that day. Everyone there was all smiles when they saw her coming in. She shook several hands, got two hugs, and countless thanks. And when we left, she was all smiles too.
*******************************************
After all that shoveling this weekend, I took a LOT of Advil last night. But the only thing that's really bothering me today is, of all things, my hands, between my thumbs and pointer finger. That little muscle area is a little achey, especially when I try to grasp something. Oh, the perils of growing old.
*******************************************
This week's Saturday Night Live was perhaps the funniest show I've seen in ages. Nearly every skit had me laughing. And Muse was the musical guest, and we all know how I like them. I'll just say this: their musical ability, awesome; their looks...eh, not so much. They are an ugly band, but damn they can make incredible music.

James Franco was the host, and he just reeks sexiness. This skit had me laughing, but also rather envious.



And then THIS one, hiLARious. Kristen Wiig is simply a genius.


*******************************************
Since the Carolina Panthers beat the Minnesota Vikings last night, I'm out of the Loser's Pool at work. Bastards. On the upside, somehow, Dallas managed to beat the previously undefeated New Orleans Saints, which was not only awesome, but also kept them in the playoff hunt. Basically if they win the last two games, they're in the playoffs. But really, what are the chances that's gonna happen?
*******************************************
My throat's a little scratchy and my head's a bit congested. I hope this isn't a precursor to anything worse....
*******************************************
And of course, what would a Bit-N-Pieces be without a photo?


POLT Listening to "Vogue" by Madonna

Republican fags are fucking morons. - Scott, Bill In Exile

2 comments:

Ray Avito said...

Vincent Price and Liberace never fail to crack me up.

I seem to have a blind spot when it comes to musicians, I have yet to find one unattractive. I would be the groupie from hell.

hoteltuesday said...

I used to get Rolling Stone! But I think it's too predictable now. New U2 album coming out?! Glowing review. Amazing pop CDs ALWAYS get 3 stars, no matter how much every else loves them. BOO.

And James Dean?! James Franco is cuter than James Dean IMO.