Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Out with the girls, got my hair color right...

Today, after work I had my monthly cut-n-color. Yes, kids, I know it may come as a shock to some of you, but Uncle Polt's mahoghany locks are...not natural. The lovely and talented Linda Sue started coloring them roughly 9 years ago or so to cover the grey at my temples. She made the color to match my goatee, which was naturally red, and I think she did a great job. Some people honestly were surprised when I told them I colored it because of my goatee, they thought the hair was naturally that color.

I do it every month to, yes cover the grey (which has expanded all over the sides of my head and back behind my ears), but also because I simply like the color. The hair is naturally a boring, drab, mousy brown. But I like the reddish color. It's distinctive.

But it must be constantly refreshed once every month. And so this month, I finally snapped a photo. It takes a LOT of work to look this gorgeous.


And as the photo shows, it's best NOT to look while the work is in progress!

POLT Listening to "The Carol Of The Bells" by the Cathedral Brass

If I gave up every time I peed my pants I wouldn't be married, have three of my four kids and wouldn't he here tonight! - Saturday Night Live

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not the only one. I had dirty blond hair with a reddish tinge to it.

Keyron being an Aesthetologist does mine for me. Hair, beard, mustache, eyebrows.

The beard went gray first. Then temples. I can get away with it if I keep my hair short though.

FunWithGrindr said...

You look gorgeous!

Well, okay it kinda looks like baby poop smeared in your hair, but you *will* look gorgeous... ;)

I used to color my hair all shades of color. It's been purple, bright red, deep blue, light blue, green, cat pee yellow, snow white. Hmm... I've never actually done a "real" color in my hair before...

But now I leave it au naturale. It's that same mousy-yuck color that you have under those lovely red locks. Maybe once summer comes around I'll be up for a change...

Michelle M. said...

Because you're worth it : ).

Tam said...

I gave up dying mine. Too damn much maintenance. If I had just a little gray I likely would and did for years and years, every color I've been, but I inherited my Great-Grandmother's Scottish grey hair gene, as did my Grandmother and my Mom and we all started going gray around 20. I'm used to it now although every now and then I'm tempted to colour just for the hell of it but growing it out is a PITA and looks horrid so I resist. You look adorable. You should for the spiked hair look. LOL

Is this where we ask if the carpet matches the drapes?

Polt said...

Not that anyone REALLY cares, but since you asked Tam, I do not color the carpet. :)

HUGS...

hoteltuesday said...

You have gray hair?! I thought you were like 30 or something!