Monday, February 09, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 39)...

Chapter 2, Page 8....

So, I still wasn't feeling the best today....dont know what's wrong.  Have a headache and the back of my neck is sore, like the muscles of it.  Advil seems to be taking the edge off though.

I got a shower, and then gathered up some clothes.  I threw them in the washer and then decided I'd go to Rutters for some coffee.  After putting on my coat and shoes and getting my keys, I saw my wallet wasn't where it usually is. I figured I left it in the car yesterday.  So I went out to the car and....nope, no wallet.  Then my fear was that I left it in my pants pocket.

So I ran back into the house and to the basement and stopped the washer.  It hadn't started the agitation cycle yet, but it was filled up with water.  I reached in and yanked out first my hoodie.  I checked the pockets there, empty.  And then I found the jeans.  And...yeppers, there was the wallet.  All wet.  And everything inside it as well.

Nothing was ruined (except for some reciepts I had that were just real thin paper, but even those I managed to get the dates and amounts off them), but everything was wet.  So I took everything, the cards, the money, etc, out and put them on a towel and then folded the towel over top, hoping that sucked all the water out.

And eventually, it did.  Everything was salvageable.  I put the wallet, upside down and open, onto one of the baseboard heaters.  It didn't take long until that was dry too.  Although it doesn't really fold up as well as it used to.  Sit, whatever, it's all usable.

Following this, I read the paper, watched some Star Trek: Enterprise and relaxed.  Then I was in contact with K.S. and he came over for another short bout of some bedtimesexxyfun.  Once he left, I made pasta for myself, and then spent the remainder of the afternoon and evening watching Enterprise.

Oh, I did also finally end that book I was reading.  It's only an easy, 180 page book, but man, it took me like almost three weeks to finish it.  I blame the binge watching of Enterprise: it sucks up all my free time, time I could have spend reading.

Oh, and I DID watch last week's Downton Abbey, I'm gonna be a week behind on that for the rest of the season.  And then The Walking Dead.  Damn...what an episode....

POLT

No comments: