Sunday, February 15, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 45)...

Chapter 2, Page 14....

Today is the hated Valentine's Day, just the first of the manufactured holidays.  Piss on the card companies, and candy companies, and flower companies, and jewelry companies that try to get us all to buy in to the idea that TODAY is when we HAVE to tell our loved one that we love them.  Fuck that.  If I love someone I tell them all the time, not when big corporations try to guilt me into doing it.

Anyway, today, like the day before, I had a very hard time getting up, but did so.  And like yesterday, I went to Rutters for the morning coffee.  Unfortunately, and unbeknownst to me, I also managed to get a whole TON of grounds in the cup as well.  I didn't find this out until at work, when I drained the cup and got a mouth full of grounds.  Blech.

Work was okay (other than getting the coffee ground mouthwash).  Got the clients taken care of, and then got caught up on a lot of backed up paperwork.  Which was a relief, cause I didn't want to leave all that leftover paperwork.  I'm off Sunday and Monday for my normal days, and I've taken off Tuesday and Wednesday already.  So four days off will create enough of a backlog of stuff for my return, I didn't want to leave all the rest of this just sitting there.

After work, I stopped on the way home to get some Taco Bell.  And then, I came home, ate it, and watched more of Star Trek: Enterprise.  And really....that was it, that was all I did.  Although, we did get a surprise blizzard.  Came up out of nowhere.  Didn't  leave much snow, but the severity of the snow and the fierceness of the winds created blizzard conditions.  One of my friend drove home from Frederick, a drive of 45 minutes, that took her three hours!  But for me, I just stayed inside, watched TV, and then went to bed.

POLT

No comments: