Sunday, February 22, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 52)...

Chapter 2, Page 21...

And then at 3:30 am when my alarm went off, I got up with little problem.  I showered, and shaved and dressed and headed out.  I stopped by Rutters, for some coffee (obvs) and for something for breakfast, but also for a sandwich for lunch.  Since I was starting work 4am-ish, my 'lunchtime' would be somewhere around 8 in the morning.  And Rutters was freakin' deserted!

So I got to work, the roads and the sky and everything was clear.  I got all the new clients finished before 8, so all 8 of them were ready to be moved.  The rest of the day I spent basically doing busy work.  The snow started falling mid morning. I thought about leaving, but knew my coworker, the one who works Sundays, was out on Family Medical Leave, and no one would be here until 8 am Monday.  So I wanted to hang out in case another client came in.  They wouldn't have to wait almost 48 hours to be seen.  But none came in.

At noon, I closed everything up and headed out.  It hadn't snowed a lot by them, but the roads were terrible!  Several of them, even the Interstate, had no yet been plowed.  And the lines couldn't be seen.  And I'm sure I never went over 40 miles and hour....not over 30 in the Interstate.  And it sucked, the whole drive home.

But I made it safely, if not quickly, home.  I parked the car and then took the shovel and shoveled off my sidewalk, and my front porch.  Then I went to Rutters for another cup of coffee.  When I returned home, I know I wouldn't be leaving home again until the next day.  And I didnt.

I read some.  I putzed around on the computer a bit.  I took a very short, like ten minute nap.  I watched the snow fall.  I made myself some steak and steamed veggie mix for supper.  One day last week, when I was at Wal-Mart (dont judge me), I picked up the 5th Season of Downton Abbey.  I had watched about 5 episodes of it as it aired so far, but as I prefer to binge watch shows, I started from the first episode and ended up watching three of them in a row.  Then, as it was 11:30 at night, I went to bed.  Not quite understanding how I could be up 20 hours and not feel tired, but most days, by the time I'm up 14 or 15 hours, I ready for bed.

POLT

No comments: