Monday, February 16, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 46)...

Chapter 2, Page 15...

This morning, I got up at about 9:30.  We had had snow the night before and when I looked out the bedroom window, I saw the sidewalk across the street still covered by a light skiff of snow.  So I threw on some clothes, put on my coat, hat and gloves, grabbed the shovel, went out the back door and around the house.  And there was no snow on my sidewalk.  There was no snow for half a block north on my side of the street and for four houses south on my side of the street, even though the other side was still snow covered.  I chalked it up to the crazy winds the night before, and still ongoing now.

Now that I was dressed, albeit unshowered, I put the shovel back inside and then walked to Rutters.  Got a cup of coffee and wanted to get a breakfast wrap, but ended up ordering a breakfast stromboli!  It was HUGE!  And as it was just a lil after 10, and I was supposed to eat lunch with mom, I decided to put the 'boli aside for supper and called mom.  She said she could have lunch ready by 11:00. So up to her place i went.

We had lunch she made: ham, sweet potatoes, green beans and biscuits.  Yummy!  We talked for a bit afterwards, and then I came home, stopping at Rutters for ANOTHER cup of coffee.  Then, when I got home, it was an entire day of just watching Enterprise, putzing around on the computer, eating and reading occasionally.  And then off to bed.

POLT

No comments: