Thursday, February 19, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 49)...

Chapter 2, Page 18...

This morning, I got up about 9:30 and just hung out here a bit.  Mom called me and asked me to stop by her house, because she had made the modification to the length and width of the blanket I requested and wanted to make sure it was okay before she started putting the back on it.  When I got there, I told her she didn't have to do it this fast, but she said, since grandma is now in the home, and mom doesn't have to take her to all her appointments and things, mom has a LOT more free time.  And she's using it to get more of the attic cleaned off and the house ready for the move.  And she has time to make this blanket for me.

After this, I finally took the rolled coins I had to the Credit Union for deposit and then hit Wal-Mart for a few things.  When I got home, I walked up to the Waynesburger and got some lunch that I brought back here and ate.  Then I read a little bit before finishing up the last season of Enterprise.  I plan to have a review of that at some point soon.  I didn't do anything else really, all day, but read, watching other TV, and do crap on the computer.  A boring day, but a relaxing one, all in all.

OH, I forgot to mention this: Why I was off work Tuesday and Wednesday of this week.  I have a cousin who lives in Hershey, and last year, she said the theater up there was having a live I Love Lucy show, and she asked mom and I to come along.  Which we agreed to, buying a ticket each. The plan was to go up Tuesday afternoon, get a meal, go to the show, and then when it's over, drive back here.  And since we'd be getting home late, I just took Wednesday off as well.  And so I put in to take these two days off earlier in the month.

But over the weekend, mom and I talked about it...we didn't know what the weather would be like on Tuesday evening.  And we didn't want to wait for the last minute, so mom called my cousin on Sunday, told her we weren't coming and to see if she could sell the tickets to someone else.  It turns out her neighbors when with her, so it all worked out in the end.  But since I had already put in to take the days off before we decided not to go, I just took them off anyway.

POLT

No comments: