Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 47)...

Chapter 2, Page 16...

Today was President's Day.  Phoenix and I had made plans to get some lunch, but before hand I had an appointment with my new insurance agent.  And before that, since I had rolled up all the loose coins I had laying around on Sunday night and I now had $47 in rolled coins, I decided to get them into the Credit Union.  I put them in a bag, got all into my warm clothing and coats, and started out the door....at which point I remembered it was President's Day...and the Credit Union wasn't open. *SIGH*

I went to my appointment with the insurance agent.  My old one retired last June and the new one was going to meet with me and go over my plans.  After a half hour meeting, I added a rental to my car insurance, and increased the liability from $50,000 (which was sufficient when I got the plan originally in 1993) to $100,000.  That was it, and I believe those additions only cost me $45 a year, so not bad at all.

After this, I came home until Phoenix came to pick me up and then he drove us to Gettysburg.  It was his suggestion that we eat at the Appalacian Brewing Company.  I had fish and chips, which were okay.  I forgot what Phoenix got, but he also got the beer sampler, which gave him 8 little glasses or 8 different beers.  Phoenix is quite the beer aficionado, apparently.

Following this, we returned here and hung out and talked until about 4:00 I think.  Then he left to run some errands.  I started watching Enterprise again, and then mom called.  She needed me to come up and help her take some more bags down off her attic, which I did.  We talked too for a bit, and then once I got home, I stayed here, doing nothing but watching Enterprise.

About 8, it started snowing.  It was supposed to snow all night and into the morning.  It snowed pretty decently before I went to bed.

POLT

No comments: