Friday, May 11, 2007

Mother called last friday; "Sunshine" made her cry...

This post is a tad bit overdue (about a week overdue actually), but I thought I'd finally get around to talking about my FABulous weekend last weekend.

It started with Friday, where work was.....eh, well work. It was the first day I was back after being off sick for three days, and I had, as expected a MOUNTAIN of paperwork to catch up with. I put a nice sized dent in it, and then left to come home.

When I got home, Freddie was already there, and napping in bed. He looks so sweet while he's sleeping, just like an angel. I would have loved to just watch him sleep (as I have done before), but he woke up as I came in. I crawled into bed with him and we cuddled, while he slowly woke up and while I calmed down from the stressful day. And the cuddling, naturally, led to sex. Damn good sex. When we were done, we cuddled a bit more, but not for long, cause we had to meet some friends at the movies. So we hurriedly showered, got ready and then sped off to the theater...stopping only momentarily to get a quick supper from McDonald's that we ate on the way.

We were to meet Ghostie, Gilligan, Mr. David Parispeking and Mrs. David Parispeking at the theater. Ghostie had gone the day before and got us all tickets. Ghostie also was the only one that had met Freddie before, so it would be the first time for Gilligan and the Parispekings. I was excited for them to meet him, and him to meet them.

So as Freddie and I entered the movie lobby, we were looking for Ghostie to get the tickets, but who should I see walking through but Phoenix, and Mrs. Phoenix! I had wanted Freddie to met him as well, but I couldn't fingure out a scenario wherein that could occur. This however, was quite a surprise. I ran to them and said hi, and did the introductions. Then I saw the Parispekings at the concession counter and we went to see them, and just the next register over was Gilligan! but I couldn't see Ghostie anywhere. They said he was waiting outside to give us our tickets. So I called him on my cell phone, and just as he answered, I saw him through the doors. So he came in and the group was all together, only instead of the 6 originally planned, we had 8.

For those of you who may not recognize the names, but will remember the icons, I give you the following icons:

Me, Uncle Polt

Freddie

Ghostie

Gilligan

Mr. David Parispeking

Mrs. David Parispeking

Phoenix

Mrs. Phoenix

I made introductions all around to everyone, cause I don't think Mrs. Phoenix had met any of the others before either, and Mrs. Parispeking hadn't met Phoenix and of course no one, but Ghostie knew Freddie! I was so cool, though, cause I was the only one who knew EVERYone! yes, I rocked.

The group of us (even the Phoenixs) were going to see Spider-Man 3. We attempted to find 8 seats together, but as this was opening night, that was gonna be nearly impossible. So Freddie, the Phoenix's and I sat together near the front, the other four near the back. And we watched Spider-Man 3.

Okay, let me digress here a bit. I do not like Spider-man in the comics. I want my heroes to be strong, super, self-confident. i've never liked all the angst filled whining Spidey does. i did NOT like the first movie for that reason. i thought the second movie was a marked improvement. I thought Spider-Man 3 was the best of the series! I LOVED it. From the reactions of the people I went to see it with, I was the only one who felt that way. They said it was too long. They said it was too sappy at the end, and just silly in the middle. And I can't disagree with them. However, I LOVED it anyway. There was finally character development, in ALL the characters. And everything was grey, there was no black/white good/bad kinda of thing going on, not even with the villians. And the special effects were outta this world! I just can't believe they weren't blown away as I was.

Now, returning to the night itself. After seeing the movie, Ghostie, Gilligan, Mr. David Parispeking, Freddie and I decided to go to Fridays, get something drink or eat. And we did. I need to explain too that earlier in the week when Mr. David Parispeking were talking about going, he mentioned something about bringing a Power Ranger for Freddie to play with during the movie, making an insinuation about the 20 year age difference between me and Freddie. Well Freddie and I were the last to Fridays and as we were going to be seatted, Ghostie handed him a coloring paper and three crayons from the restaurant. I accused Mr. David Parispeking, who claimed innocence, pffft, right like I believe that. But even though I feigned anger, i was laughing and Freddie laughed about it too.

So we got our drinks and food and ate and talked and debated politics (well some of us did) and then, finally about midnight, I think we left. Freddie and i returned to my place. We cuddled for a bit, but I had to get up to go to work, so we didn't do it long. And then we went to sleep.

Allow to add here, that I've slept alone the vast majority of my almost 40 years, and I've grown used to it. There have been times when I've shared a bed, both with lovers, one night stands, or jsut friends. And most of those times, I've been uncomfortable with someone else in the bed. I didn't want to roll over onto them, didn't want to snore too loudly and wake them, didn't want to steal the covers, etc, etc, etc. But with Freddie, there's none of that. And I don't think there was even from the first night he stayed there. Certainly upon his second weekend staying here, it was never an issue. I feel...comfortable with him in bed. I can't explain it, other than to say it's something I've not experienced with ANYone else.

I think, since I wrote so much here, I'll post about the rest of the weekend in another post as well. Maybe one post for each day, cause I am rather verbose. I do have some photos, though. the first is Freddie and Ghostie holding the coloring page and crayons. The second is Mr. David Parispeking. And i learned this night that apparently some of his students frequently check out the Palace for any postings about him (something about the photos of his drunken self on New Years or whatever...), so I can assure them, if there's any reading this, that Mr. David Parispeking was not drunk in his photo (even if he looks like he is), and only had one beer, and did NOT drive home..Ghostie took him. Honest. And the third photo is of Gilligan, since I don't think I have any of him posted on here anywhere.






And after that, I'll just say...To Be Continued.....

POLT

I learned everything I know about being a woman from gay men. - Margaret Cho

1 comment:

Truthspew said...

There's a nine year difference between Keyron and I. But nobody really says anything because I look about ten years younger than I actually am. Bless my family for having the genes that allowed me to look like early 30's instead of early 40's.

It's been social week for me. During the winter I don't want to socialize at all, screw the cold etc. But spring/summer/fall I get drawn into it.

Keyron and I had dinner with friends, a married couple with three kids. Keyron met the wife at school. We all get along great.

Then of course Keyron's family was here for a week for his graduation, so we had nine people in the house from Wednesday before last to this past Thursday. I liked that very much.