Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I'll be missing you...

Freddie was supposed to leave last night to go back to college. But he decided to spend one more night and leave this morning. I set the alarm for 6:00 so he could get up and showered and on his way. And he did. I stood on the balcony, in the cold in just t-shirt and shorts, in bare feet, and watched him drive away. I miss him already.

We had THE best weekend. From the time I arrived home from work Friday to find him in my bed until out somewhat tearful goodbye 10 minutes ago, I had the best time I have ever spent with him. It surpasses all our previous times together. And it's one of the best weekends, overall, that I've had in a long time as well.

He's going back to school for finals and then back home, north of Albany NY, for the summer. WE'll see each other again this fall, late August, early September when he comes back to his college, and that's what I've latched onto now to keep me going. But that seems an eternity away right now. I just have to find things to keep my mind occupied for a bit, like work. UGH...nothing like boring tedium to take your mind off other things. And now I have to go get ready for it.

I'll post the photos of this weekend soon. But i'll leave you with this photo, one that we took this weekend, as we were goofing around. And one that makes me smile everytime I see it. I think it encapsulates our weekend last weekend together before the summer.



POLT

A TV shark is not a good babysitter. - Marge, The Simpsons

No comments: