Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Preacher man told me, good things come to those who wait...

Jerry Fallwell is dead.



I'll not comment on it myself, others have had much more appropriate tributes to this man than I could ever come up with. I think it's best to remember a man by his words, and so, stolen from Bill In Exile, I give you the following eight quotes from The Reverend Jerry Falwell.


  • "God almighty does not hear the prayers of the Jew."
  • “AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals”
  • "If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being”
  • “Homosexuality is Satan's diabolical attack upon the family that will not only have a corrupting influence upon our next generation, but it will also bring down the wrath of God upon America.”
  • "I do not believe we can blame genetics for adultery, homosexuality, dishonesty and other character flaws”
  • “[homosexuals are] brute beasts…part of a vile and satanic system [that] will be utterly annihilated, and there will be a celebration in heaven.”
  • "It is God's planet - and he's taking care of it. And I don't believe that anything we do will raise or lower the temperature one point."
  • "I listen to feminists and all these radical gals - most of them are failures. They've blown it. Some of them have been married, but they married some Casper Milquetoast who asked permission to go to the bathroom. These women just need a man in the house. That's all they need. Most of the feminists need a man to tell them what time of day it is and to lead them home. And they blew it and they're mad at all men. Feminists hate men. They're sexist. They hate men - that's their problem."
Ah, yes, good old Mr. Moral Majority. I'm certain all of these words would come directly from Jesus' mouth were he walking the earth today. A man's words live after him, let these hate-filled, bigoted, venomous statements be the legacy of Jerry Falwell.

One other quote from Bill In Exile, apparently he and a friend, both gay, were speaking on the phone and Bill said, "He prayed for you and me to die Scott and I prayed for him to die. I guess we know who God was listening to."

Amen, my brother. Amen.

POLT Oil: 62.55 (-.41); Gas: 2.98 (+.03)

Election 2004: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goddamn sister - say it loud and say it proud! AMEN! I am sitting here with a lump of pride in my throat for these beautiful and inspiring words.

Anonymous said...

OK, now that my emotions are in check - really - thank you for this. Its the most honet post I've seen yet about that evil vile man. I truly bow before you dear and I hope we never see another man with such influence aloowed to spew such hate in this world.

BirdMadGirl said...

Ed, my thoughts exactly!!! Damn, I'd love to see the conversation that transpired when he got to the gates.

Doug said...

The scary part is who he might have trained as replacements.

Those quotes are chilling.