Sunday, May 27, 2007

The second time was a blast...

This afternoon, we celebrated my little cousin Cam's second birthday. It was attended by aunts and uncles from both sides of the family, 15 people in all I'd say. The whole party had a Wonder Pets theme to it, cause that's Cam's favorite show. he honestly sits entranced whenever it's playing.



I had never heard of the Wonder Pets, so I scoffed, thinking it something akin to Barney. but I watched it with Cam for a bit (just to calm him down, you understand) and I actually found myself....well, not enjoying it, but certainly not hating like I thought I would.

For the rest of the day, the words between me and Cam's parents were something along the lines of "This is sewious!" and a resounding chorus of either, "The phone! The phone is ringing!" or "What works? TEAMWORK!" Kinda disconcerting for those not in on the joke.

oh, something I thought was funny. I was holding Cam and we were looking at photos on the mantle. I pointed and asked who that was, he said, "Mommy." I pointed again, "Dada." Again, to his aunt, my cousin Tracy, "Tee-Cee" (that's the best he can do). My uncle, his grandfather, "Pappy." And then to his grandmother, "Pappy." Appraently he's not calling her by any name, he just calls her Pappy, which makes me laugh, and if you knew my aunt Trudy, you'd laugh at that too.

So, anyway, I naturally took several photos:

Firstly, Mama Polt got Cam almost as soon as we got there. He looked a little fussy, and indeed, did seem to be so most of the day. But he still got through it.


Cam's parents had put together a slide presentation on Power Point with Cam's photos over the previous year. This is Trish (Cam's mom), Cam and Mama Polt watching the show. Cam would frequently grab the mouse and hurry the slideshow along saying, rather emphatically, "Pets!" cause the last one was a photo of the Wonder Pets and that's all he cared to see.


A bit later, Cam sat on my lap and we watched some of the slideshow, cause I didn't get to see it from the beginning the first time.


Cam decided he wanted to play with the ukelele, and he did.


While Cam's dad Mark was filming me, I decided to take a photo of him filming me. Yeah, we really know how to party in THIS family!


While opening his gifts, Cam grabbed Tracy's camera, fooled with it a bit until he turned it on, got it turned around and took several pictures of himself...or rather, mostly of his mouth and teeth or extreme closeups of the front of his shirt.


Then it was time for CAKE! Which Cam proceeded to feed himself by stuffing handfulls of it in his mouth.


Afterwards, he and I sat and watched more of the Wonder Pets. Mama Polt wanted a photo of us close together, and this is the result. I'm truly not as lecherous as I appear (well I guess I am, but not with Cam), and he's not as frightened as he appears.


A bit later, I got the camera and took a photo of us together. I think it turned out really well, considering I was just holding the camera out. Cam's normally more happy than he was today, but he was fussy and there was a lot of people around that he's not used to dealing with.


Still, i think a good time was had by all. And I left with a very full tummy so you know I had a good time!

POLT

We came into this world naked, screaming and covered in blood. Why should the fun end there? - Christopher Lovet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cute little guy, but he always looks worried to me for some reason. Glad you had fun.

Onanite