Monday, June 29, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 180)...

Chapter 6, Page 28...

Sunday, I got up a little late, and didn't feel at ALL like getting a shower or doing anything, so I didn't.  For a while.  Eventually I threw on some clothes, a hat to cover my hair, and when to moms.  We decided to just eat in town at the Parlor House.  The broiled haddock was delicious as always.

Afterwards, we went to the new grocery store to get a few things.  I then dropped her off and came home.  And did really nothing at all.  On the couch or bed, online, napping, finished up the book I was reading and started a new one.

Eventually, since I had a card to mail, and since it was a beautiful day, I decided to take a walk.  And so I did, to the Post Office and through the town park (where I shamelessly ogled the hot guys playing basketball when I walked by the court).  And there was this amazing breeze the entire time.  And it was cool, for June.  And zero humidity.  Just as summer is supposed to be.

Later, I was reading on the couch, having put my glasses on the couch next to me while I read.  When i went to pick them up, I ended just holding the one earpiece with the lenses and the other earpiece laying under the coffee table!  The screw had come out.  Obviously, I couldn't find it, but luckily I have a repair kit in a kitchen drawer.  And after futzing around with it for like twenty five minutes (those screws are TINY, especially when you've got large fat fingers and no glasses on to see them with), I got it put back together.  It wasnt perfect, the screw I had used was a bit too long and stuck out the top very slightly.  But still they were together. I'd planned to go to the eye place Monday to have them look at it.

After than I had supper of a ham slice, eggs, toast and some strawberries (have I ever mentioned I LOVE strawberries).  After that, I sat down and updated my checkbook and paid all my bills for the month of July and got them ready to mail.  And I got a list ready to go Monday to get all my cards for July. Looks like Monday might turn out to be a busy day.

Later, I spent some time texting with john eliot, as well as chatting with a guy on a hookup app about getting together Monday.  As I said, Monday might be a busy day.

And then I went to bed, read a bit and to sleep.

POLT

No comments: