Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday, Monday....ah, ahhh, ah, ah, ah, ahhhhh....

So today is DEFINITELY Monday.  All this happened within the span of one hour.

1) I had tentative plans set up for a new guy I met on a hookup app.  Messaged him to see when he wanted to come over and basically it ended with him getting all indignant because I was wanting just a little NSA fun and not a relationship.  When I made clear to him last night, that's not what I wanted.

Whatever.  Over it.

2) Right about the same time I sent him my last text, Shockwave on my laptop crashed (for some reason, it's NOT an uncommon occurrence on my laptop).  But this time, the entire computer locked up as well.  I couldn't close any pages, in fact the cursor froze.  What else was there to do but do a hard reboot?  So I held down the on/off button until the computer went off.  I waited a few seconds and then turned it back on.  The Windows screen came up (ya know the one with the four colors in the middle) and then that too froze.  So I did another hard reboot.  This time when it came back on, it did a little higgity-jiggity stuff, and I got THIS on my screen!


Oh joy.  "This might take several minutes" it says.  Okay.  So while it's chugging away....

3) I go out to the kitchen and remember there's a few bottles and papers and stuff I want to put in the recycling bin.  So I grab them, open the back door, open the screen door (the recycling container is right outside), open the container and drop them in...and then hear the back door slam shut behind me.  

Leaving me locked outside.

With the keys inside.

With my phone inside.

And me standing there in a shirt with the sleeves cut off, grey boxer shorts and white socks.  And that's it.

*SIGH*

I had a key in one of those lock things where you have to know the combination to open it, so I can't get locked out of my house without having a way in.  But....it's on the front porch.  *DOUBLE SIGH*

So I shrug and off I go.  Walking down the alley (ensuring that the bottoms of my previously white socks are no longer), going up the front steps RIGHT ALONG A BUSY STREET, and across my front porch to where the lock thing is.  And while I putting the combination, this black guy comes walking down the street and turns up the alley looking RIGHT AT ME.

What can I do?  I know and say, "Sup."  He nods back and continues on his way.  yeah, I'm cool like that.

Anyway, I get the key, get back in the house, throw on some shorts (I guess the wind blew through the front window, through the house, and blew the back door shut), and then see the computer is STILL doing the same thing it was doing before.

So yeah, those three things....just like a Monday.

On the plus side, after sitting there doing nothing for like a half hour, the computer puts up a message saying it could not repair the problems, but did I want to send the info of what it found, off to Microsoft?  I hit yes.  It did a little more and then told me to click the Finish button to end and if it still didn't come back on, to alert my IT rep or computer manufacturer.  GREAT!

So I hit finish, it shut down.  I left it sit for a few minutes, and then started it up, and....everything's work just fine so far.  That's why I'm able to type this.  How long it holds out, I have no idea, but fingers crossed it's all taken care of.

Now if I can just get through the rest of the day without breaking a bones, or crashing my car, or blowing up the house, I'll call it a good day.

POLT

No comments: