Friday, June 19, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 170)...

Chapter 6, Page 18...

Got to work early today, yeah I dont know how that happened either.  Work was a bit hectic, as I had a number of things to get done, and one of the other two people in my department was off that day.  Also, I had to go with another co-worker to a local used bookstore, and money provided by work, to get books to replenish our client library.  I love doing this each year, as I get to buy books, but with someone else's money!  Down side is, I don't get to keep or read any of them.

As we were loading the books up on the counter to be tabulated, we were told they were having a sale: Buy 2 Mystery Books, Get 2 Free!  So hey, instead of the 160 books we planned on getting, we got 213 of them, roughly 50 books FREE!  Sweet.  But it involved me running back to the mystery section of few times to grab more books.  And we ended up coming in three dollars UNDER our allotted amount.  Clearly, we rock.  But there should be no surprise, as one the things I do best is buy books.

The afternoon was spent getting more paperwork done.  It's been slightly hectic because I was sick Tuesday, and I'm off Saturday (for Louis' visit!!!), so I'm only at work three days.  And I have to compress five days of paperwork into three days.  And that one co-worker is off Thursday and Friday, so there's only all three of us here one day.  So yeah...a bit hectic.  But I am, in fact we're all, managing.

After work, as we had set up the day before, I picked up Derick and brought him to my house.  He wanted to use my computer to fill out some online job applications, he's tired of his current employment.  While he did that, I played on my phone, read some, did a slight bit of tidying up (for Louis' visit!!!), and got some mail ready to mail.

When he finished, he wanted to bedtimesexxyfun, and who am I to say no to that?   So once that was completed, I took him home, stopped at Taco Bell for some takeout supper (don't judge) which was delicious, but as I was eating it so late (after 8PM), it played all hell with my blood sugar.

And I was doing so well with that.  All that week, I had it under 159.  Over the weekend, because of the way I ate, it was 194 and 176.  Then this week it was 132, 97 & 137.  Nice right?  Well Friday morning, after the Taco Bell feast, it was back up to 187.  Not good at all, but definitely explainable.  And not as bad as I had thought it might be.

Also, while Derick was on the computer, mom called.  Monday, the realtor came and looked at the house.  Thursday, the realtor came, took pictures, and told me she was going to list the house for $129,000.  Obviously, she wont get that for it, cause there's negotiations and stuff.  So now we'll see how that goes.  Mom's still on track to be in the cottage by the end of the summer!

POLT

No comments: