Monday, June 22, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 173)...

Chapter 6, Page 21...

Sunday morning, I was woken again by the cutest alarm clock I know.  Then the bedtimesexxyfun commenced.  And it was, as always, amazing.  However, during the fun, but not discovered until afterwards, was a very minor...mishap.  No worries, though, a band-aid took care of it and I'll make a full, complete, and total recovery....although that nipple's gonna be out of commission for a few days until it heals.

After having popcorn for lunch, rice for supper and snacking later on chips, i expected my blood sugar to be sky high this morning. It was 189.  Yeah, that's high, but not as bad as I expected it to be.  I really think the doc and I finally found the right number of units of insulin for me: 30.  That seems to be helping keep things not as bad as they were.

We showered and dressed and then decided to go get some breakfast.  I suggested Denny's, which I drove us to.  But I forgot it was ten-ish on a Sunday morning that was also Father's Day.  Place was PACKED, with people waiting.  Screw that.  I suggested we try Bob Evans nearby.  But on the way, Louis saw a McDonald's sign, so we ate there.  It was a new-ish restaurant, and had a pretty unique and in fact, welcoming and pleasing interior.  The food, though was the same old McDonalds.  At least the company was stellar.

After this, we came home and hung out a little while longer.  And then he packed his things up.  We walked to Rutters to each get some coffee and when we returned, we both took his stuff out to his car, we hugged goodbye, and he left.

Sorry to see him go, but I'm already looking forward to the next visit, whenever that may be.

I spent the afternoon around the house, either on the computer or reading.  At 5:00 I went to mom's.  We went to Hardee's for supper.  After we ate and I dropped her off,  I came home and putzed around a bit.  And then I decided, since it wasn't terribly humid, and since I'd done NO exercising for several days, I took a walk.  I came home, showered, watched some TV, then went to bed and read a bit.

POLT

No comments: