Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Parade follow-up....

So I found a few pics on my phone from Saturday's trip to Pride, as well as a few more online AND some info.  (all the info comes from The Washington Blade, DC's gay newspaper)

There were 150,000 people in attendance at the parade, and 250,000 people at the festivals Sunday, which we didn't go to (performers at the festival included Carly Rae Jepsen, En Vouge, and Wilson Phillips, among others).  The Grand Marshal's of the Parade were the hunky Wilson Cruz and Deacon Maccubbin, who owned the now-closed bookstore Lambda Rising and and founder of what became known as Capitol Pride way back in 1975.  Yes, this WAS the 40th year of Gay Pride in DC.

Members of the Boys Scouts of American marched in the Parade for the first time.  Over 20 on-air personality from local TV station WJLA, including meteorologist Steve Rudin marched in the parade, the first time a TV station participated.  And I got a strand of rainbow beads with their logo attached as well.  The British Embassy had a float and people marching as well, just like they have the last couple years. Gots to love the Brits!  TV personality Ross Mathews officiated at an actual same sex wedding atop a float during the parade route.

And this isn't from The Blade, it's from me, but I'm sure The Blade would agree with this: A fun time was had by all.

now, the pics:

This is what I had to eat at Friscos before heading on down to DC.  I usually get this with a bowl of their spicy beef chili as well.  But DAMN it's delicious!

My first attempt at a selfie on the Metro on the way home.  It actually worked, but it didn't look like it.  It looked, when I took it, that I kept missing CC over on the right.

So yeah, I tried later, and got us all in, looking forwards and smiling.

From The Blade, a close-up shot of the hunky Wilson Cruz!

From The Blade, some Christian supporters along the parade route!

And from The Blade....I'm posting this because of the drag queen, fabulous though she is.  If you look under her elbow, you'll see a large blue shirt.  That's ME!  And the three people left of me are StratCat, CC & Josh!  We made it into a national publication, kids!  We're famous.....ish!

POLT

No comments: