Sunday, June 14, 2015

Someone book me a room (Part 163 &164)...

Chapter 6, Page 12.....

Friday, I got to work without problem, thankfully.  I was kinda busy all day, but it was not hectic.  Well the afternoon was a bit, cause, since I was taking off work Saturday, all of Saturday's usual paperwork had to be done on Friday, and I crammed all that into the afternoon, but did get it all done.

Also, earlier in the week, they fired the Kitchen Manager, which was a good thing.  He was not well liked.  When word got out he was gone, there were many happy dances, high fives, and actually, honest to God applause.  So one of the girls that work in the Kitchen is apparently being promoted.  And we ALL know she'll do great.  On Friday, when I went in the Dining Room, there were red tablecloths on the tables.  There was a plug in in a socket so that instead of smelling like a musty old chunk of mold, it smelled of cinnamon.  AND, there was fresh strawberries on the salad bar!!!  I gave a her a big hug and told her I loved her!  And all this was great!

She said she'll try to do more, once she gets the hang of the computer and the paperwork and stuff, the administrative things.  I told her I knew she'd pick that stuff up real quick, but in the meantime, just having FRESH strawberries here goes a LONG way!

After work, I came home, got some BBQ wings from Rutters for supper and did not leave the house the remainder of the day.  It's back to the hot, humid, sticky, August like weather.  Which totally sucks.  But the conditions simply are NOT conducive to going outside.

Later, I showered, then went to bed and to sleep.

Chapter 6, Page 13....

Saturday I had off work because it was the DC Gay Pride Parade! YAY!  Since we weren't leaving until noon, I could sleep in, and so I woke up.....about 7:10AM.  WHAT THE HELL????

In the morning, I went to Rutters for breakfast stuff and coffee, I read, I putzed online.  Even took a roughly 45 minute nap, cause OBviously, I got up too early.  Then I showered, dressed, and waiting for my compatriots to show up.

Slightly after noon, there they were: StratCat, CC and Josh!  I drove us to Frederick where we lunched at Friscos.  Then we drove to the Metro, hopped on, made our way to DuPont, got off, fought out way through the crowd to the HRC store Josh wanted to visit...only to find it was no longer there.

So we went to Kramerbooks, our usual bathroom stop, used the bathroom, hung out in the a/c there until we went to New Hampshire Avenue and got our usual viewing spot.  It was SO stinking hot and humid, it was terrible.  And the parade started late.  It's supposed to begin at 4:30.  Now I know we fags operate on Queer Time, not the normal time, so I figured it'd be a little later starting.  But this year, I dont think it began until like after 5!  Crazy.

Pictures are forthcoming in another post.

After standing there for quite a while, I HAD to go get a bottle of water, I just couldn't stand it anymore.  So this is the first time in like 17 or 18 parades I did not see the entire parade.  But I just walked like a block north and a block west and found a bakery that had bottle of water, so I got one there and returned.  I didn't miss too much.

After the parade, we made our way back to the Metro.  StratCat suggested we go all the way to the back and get on the last car.  Which was a brilliant idea, cause it was VERY uncrowded!  Mostly empty.  And GLORIOUSLY air conditioned.  We were all thristy, sweaty, sticky, and irritable, but getting enveloped in the cool refreshing air made everything less bothersome, and we had a good ride back to the car.

After leaving the Metro Station, I knew, at the first exit on the highway, there was a convience store, McDonalds, etc, nearby.  And that's were I took us.  So we used the bathroom in McDonalds and each got something to drink.  And then headed back onto the highway.

BUT....*SIGH*....they had changed things, cause now the way I always used to get back, instead took us directly to that damned Toll Road we got on on a previous Pride trip.  And after having to go like 6 miles before I could find a place to turn around, i KNEW I'm going to incur a toll just like I did last time.  I suppose it'll arrive in the mail in the next few weeks.

But following THAT debacle, we got back onto the highway we needed to be on and made our way to Frederick.

We ate at The Macaroni Grill.  Despite the fact it was like 930, I ate pasta, bread, and had a regular soda.  Thought it would play havoc with my blood sugar, and I'm sure it did.  However, Sunday morning, the level was only 194.  Which is high, but it's been a LOT higher before.  And all week previous to this, the levels been under 159 (my goal is to get everyday under 150).  So even though it was high, I know WHY it was high, and it still wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

ANYWAY, after testing the blood sugar, I went upstairs and took a totally wonderful and renewing shower.  And then went to bed to read for a bit and then to sleep.

All in all, QUITE a day!

POLT

No comments: