Monday, June 15, 2015

Stand behind the barricade, here comes, here comes, here comes the big parade.....

And so, without further ado, The 2015 DC Gay Pride Parade, in photos!  (I'll comment when necessary)

StratCat, Polt, CC and Josh, on the escalator leaving the Metro.

The ladies auxiliary! 

Here we are waiting for the parade, all five of us: Josh, CC, StratCat, Polt, and Polt's second chin.

Cute pair of police from behind


Same cute pair of police from the front

The start of the parade!

Gay police officers and families!

Gay military men carrying the flags

Gay boy scouts

One of Marshal's of the parade, the one, the only the shirtless and sexy, WILSON CRUZ!  God, I had SUCH a crush on this guy back when he was on "My So-Called Life".  Like the first out gay character I could empathize with.  And he turned into such a hot sexy man!  Yowza! 


Eleanor Holmes Norton, DC's non-voting member of the House of Representatives.  I love this lady.  She has walked in every freakin' parade I've ever been to!  And she's 78 years old!  And walking in this parade!  in this heat and humidity!  Good for her.  You will, I trust, notice the comfortable walking shoes.  Eleanor Holmes Norton in nobody's fool!

Some kids in the parade from some group.

Some more kids from some other goup

More kids.  There were a LOT of kids in the year's parade!  It's a good thing to see.  They seemed to be having as much fun having people wave and yell at them as we did yelling and waving at them!

Cute kid throwing beads

Bagpipers in kilts

The kid in the middle isn't in a kilt, he's wearing a dress, hose, and even has a blue garter.  Good for him!






Walking the parade in those bouncing stilt things.  Still, it's gotta be more comfortable than walking the route in heels like the queens do!


Hot shirtless Mario!

Two hot, build, sexy Marines!  They can march openly in the Parade now, something they couldn't do for years!





Cher, on a floar full of seamen.  *snicker*...I said seamen.


The ass....oh my GOD, the ass......

Lots of puppies in this years Parade as well.  Including the puppy in the stroller, who's photo I wasn't able to get.



Cute Asian in a speedo with nice thighs....

Not sure what group this is, might be PETA, but when I snapped photo I was intending to get the dogs, but I captured something by accident:

Is that?  Can it be?  

Yes it IS!  It's Hal Sparks!  From Queer As Folk!   Walking in OUR Parade!  I didn't realize it until he was right in front of us, then I had to squeal a bit, and make sure StratCat and CC and Josh knew he was there (even though StratCat didn't know who he was).  And then by the time I snapped another photo, this is all I got:

But yeah, behind that hand that's blocking his face is Hal Sparks!


Pink hair buzz cut accentuates his purple wife beater.


VERY elaborate outfit she's got on!

This lovely stopped in front of us and proceeded to twerk his cute little ass for all he was worth.  Twice.

I attempted here to get the GORGEOUS black guy who's holding the Green strip, but Miss Yellow Strip flipped hers up at the wrong time.  



Now can you IMAGINE walking the whole freaking parade in this??? I mean, yeah, with the heat and humidity he's gonna be nice and cool, but seriously, those heels?  I'd have broken both ankles before half a block.  And his dogs are really gonna be barking when this whole things over!

PFLAG!  we LOVE PFLAG.  I always just grab a quick photo of the banner and then spend the remainder of them passing clapping and shouting and giving them all the support I can, since they support US so much.




Not just kids here, but babies!



One girl handed me like 5 of these flags all at once. I handed them out to the people around me.

The NYC Pride Band (I have no idea what their real name is, but they're from NYC and they march every year, and always play so well!  And they have purple plumes on their hats!)

I think these things are from George Mason University, not positive though.  Anyway, there's a George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abe Lincoln, and Teddy Roosevelt.

A photo Josh took of old George and I high fiving!

Yes he DID look directly at me as I snapped the photo.  Thank you for doing so, sweetie.

Ah, the strippers approach!  One group right behind the other.

Stripper....

...strippers...

...stripper,,,

...strippers...

...strippers....

...stripper.

Not a stripper...but probably COULD be.


The Living Rainbow!  Mr. Green in the middle there was pretty cute.

Every time I tried to get his face, he waved.

But here you get to see him in profile.  And his ass!

These two went down the street almost by themselves.  Whatever group they were with was a bit behind them.  In case anyone's looking for birthday/Chrismas ideas, I think I'd look really good in a rainbow tutu like Miss Thing has there. Just sayin....


This guy did two somersaults and then launched himself into the air, LANDING in a split!  I was suitably impressed!



Nice ass, er rainbow shorts!

A shame this guy decided to move just as I snapped, cause he's MUCH hotter when not blurry.



These guys stopped nearly in front of us and did a dance routine!  Nice.

The Asian-Pacific Islanders Group.  I sighed I first saw them and CC asked me "You like Asian guys?"  Pffft, how does someone who'd been to five of these Parades with me NOT know that yet!


I TOO, am Proud to be a Democrat!


Hairthing with a wifebeater there on the right



And The Love Boat brings up the rear of the Parade!  *Snicker* I said rear.....

POLT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice set of pix! Me I've only ever been to Providence, RI PRIDE and NYC PRIDE. Not even Boston and I trek through there on a regular basis.

I will say - NYC's PRIDE puts Providence, Boston and D.C. to shame.