Friday, August 24, 2007

Keep your numbers mounting (Part 1)...

55 Fridays

From the lovely polka-dotted S’s blog ( http://susiestheboss.blogspot.com/) , I found this: 55 Fridays. Apparently, you are to write a story of exactly 55 words. She uses a photo also, I’m not sure if that’s required or not, but I’m gonna follow that example. So, I give you my very first 55 Friday!



The Old Woman Who Lived In A Shoe had a spinster sister who was something of a recluse. They lived together until the frisky Old Woman started having all her kids and they was no room for the sister. She now lives in the teapot out back. It’s a fixer upper. And smells of chamomile.

Okay, okay, not much, I know…but it’s my first attempt. Also, if anyone wants to suggest a word or phrase for me to use in a search for a photo, let me know. I’ll use the first suggestion and see what photo I can find for next week.

POLT

I don't hate him. I just dislike him strongly. - April, Viva La Bam

2 comments:

S said...

Welcome to 55 Flash Fiction Friday Polt! I'm so happy that you've decided to join us.

I think that is a fabulous little story, and the granny unit aint bad! I am wondering two things, where's the father of all those kids? and, did the spinster sister ever give the old man a whirl when the mama was tending to her kids?
LOL

:D

Thanks for playing, Polt!

Anonymous said...

Nice story, Polt!!!

Hey buddy, I hope you don't mind, but I 'tagged' you on my blog post titled "I'm Here! I'm Here!!!". Swing by and play along, will ya? I'd love to read your answers.

HUGS