Saturday, August 18, 2007

In august moon's surrender...

I hate August.



  • It's hot. And it's usually been hot since July, so by August, I'm really sick of it. Hot days, sweltering nights.
  • It's humid. Sticky, sweaty, sauna-like humid. Even at night.
  • There's no holidays in the month. Oh, sure there's Labor Day but that's not until September. We've had no real holiday since July 4th, almost a month and a half ago.
  • For the 13 years I was in school, and the 4 years I was in college, August meant an end to my vacation and that I had to report back to school.
  • No good movies come out in August. The studios show their "blockbusters" at the beginning of summer or at July 4th, and save the Oscar caliber ones for the fall.
  • The new TV season doesn't start until September, so there's nothing but reruns on network tv. (course, with cable and the Internet, I don't really watch network tv anymore, but that doesn't diminish my original point)
  • Oh, did I mention it's hot and sticky humid?
  • People are out mowing thier grass, which plays ALL kinds of hell with my sinuses.
Its funny that I should post this today, though, cause today was beautiful. It only got to the 80's and the humidity was non-existent and there was a pleasant breeze all day.

Despite liking the day, I still hate August.

POLT

I think it gays want to get married, God bless them. - Charles Barkley

2 comments:

Truthspew said...

Unlike you, I really like it hot. I want to live somewhere that winter temps don't go below 50F. RI is headed that way, but it'll be awhile.

Anyhow, it's been remarkably cooler her in RI for the past few days. Highs only into the mid 70's.

Anonymous said...

I love August. I was born in August. August is far from the ice and snow I hate. August is when my garden is at its best. Oddly enough I don't even have air condiitoning.