Thursday, August 02, 2007

Undress me, will I look like a fool (Part 69)...

It's once more time for...



This weekend I stopped by to see how my dad was doing dealing with his cancer (just fine, thanks for asking). While I was there, Mom told me they had gotten 100 ears of corn earlier in the day. She said dad felt so good he husked 60 of the ears, while she silked them, before he got tired and came back inside. So, while he napped, I went with her to the back porch and husked the remaining ears while she again silked them.

Somehow, some water had gotten inside the husks (from the rain, perhaps?) and every time I torn the husk off, some water squirted out onto my hands and arms. Now I may not be the most stereotypical gay man you've ever met, but one thing I can NOT stand is to have sticky or dirty hands, fingers arms etc (Get your mind out of the gutter! Yeah, you! You know who you are!) That's why I've NEVER liked husking corn, not even as a kid. Nonetheless, I still husked all 40 ears.

Now I know many of you, especially those that know me personally, won't believe this. So I had Mama Polt take a photo of me husking one just to prove it!



So there, you Doubting Thomas' and Doubting Tammy's, there's your proof! Nyah!

If you wanna check out what other people posted for HNT, click the HNT button in my sidebar!

POLT

"You know me? I'm flattered!" "Don't be. I know far too many people." - Damian Tryp, X-factor #6

20 comments:

Hollz said...

Happy Huskin!! ~~

Blissfully Wed said...

I've done a little bit of that. ;)

HHNT!

Vixen said...

HappyHNT :)

morgetron said...

Well, you'd fit right in here in Nebrasky! HHNT!
-J

Bad Bad Girl said...

Ok, I admit- my mind was in the gutter....

lime said...

ooooh i love husking corn because then it means i get to EAT the corn! mmmmmmm.

this is a fun pic. i really like it.

HHNT

Shibari said...

HHNT I love the pic!

Cosima said...

Mmmm... I bet they taste delicious!

Happy HNT!

Sexy Duet said...

When we moved into the house we are in now there was a veggie patch with corn, I think the dog has eaten everything that has ever grown in it. What on earth do you do with 100 ears of corn?
Happy HNT

Ms SD

tkkerouac said...

you are a HUSKY GUY, HAPPY HNT!

Sinclair said...

What a sweet son you are!

Happy HNT!

~Sin~

Katie :) said...

Husking can be a nasty nasty task, but there is nothing like fresh corn in the summer!
HHNT

Anonymous said...

I thought you were supposed to leave the husks on the corn until you were ready to cook the corn. Were you having a party? Who was going to eat 100 ears of corn? Isn't that why you buy it in the store with the husks still on it?

Of course I'm not a farmer at all so this is just arbitrary questions.

Fairy Godfather.

p.s. sticky stuff on your hands and arms?......indeed!!!!! .....and your face and cheeks and chest and thighs, etc, etc, etc...........

Anonymous said...

He must have appreciated that you finished the job. uh...you said sticky ;) HHNT!

Anonymous said...

Oh Polt don't act like you've never had sticky stuff all over you before.;)
Coming from the Corn capitol of the world I'd say you're mom's going to "can" this Corn for Winter. Eat some on the cob though it's great!

S said...

Well now it never hurts ta help out round the ol pantry darlin!

HHNT Polt!

h said...

Never had doubts here. Happy HuNTing.

Anonymous said...

What do you do with all that corn?

Onanite

Semi-Celibate Man said...

I live in corn country, so I can relate. You look like you're getting the job done. Happy HNT.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....just because there's ONE photo of you husking, doesn't mean you did anymore (lol)!!!

For those asking.....you can cook the corn, remove it from the cob and freeze it. It will taste like corn-on-the-cob everytime you have it - Yummy!!!