Saturday, August 11, 2007

It's been one week, since you looked at me....

So, Freddie left Tuesday, what else happened this week?

Tuesday evening, Phoenix came by after work. This was our annual trip to the Waynesboro Volunteer Fireman's Carnival (shudder), but only to get food. So we walked to two blocks down, in the heat and humidity which made it feel like we were walking through a sauna or hot soup, and when we got there, nothing was opened up yet. So we walked back here and cooled off in the a/c for a bit. Then we tried again about 45 minutes later. They were open, but there was a line, and a shortage of volunteers to work behind the counter, and the people that WERE behind the counter had NO idea what they were doing. It makes me weep to think that these are the people that are fighting fires in my town. At any rate, after we got our food (finally) we returned here and ate it. And it was good food, as always. Then we hung out a bit watched some TV and he left.

Thursday night, as I posted about, I watched the Democratic Forum on gay issues on Logo. And after doing so, I can say I'm still an Edwards supporter BUT, my support is wavering. Obama was so...passionate, so sincere in what he said and how he said it. And he truly did echo my opinion on gay marriage. He said no religion should be forced to recognize gay marriage, but all the rights a straight married couple has should be given to a gay couple through a civil union. When pressed about it, he said that they could argue over semantics, but the important issues is seeing that gay couple get all the legal rights of a straight couple, NOT what you label the gay couple. And that's pretty much how I feel. But again, i was very VERY impressed with his sincerity. He truly seemed to believe everything he was saying and did it without seeming political. Edwards was less comfortable and seemed to ready to rely on political sound bites and such. And Hillary, OH Hillary was nothing BUT politics, all about slogans and stuff. She seemed the opposite of Obama, not sincere. Not that she was lying, but it seemed to me like she was approaching all this as a politcial issue she needed to have and recite her position on, while Obama just seemed to saying the way he felt. As for the rest of the crowd, Biden and Dodd didn't even show up. That old Alaska senator sounded just rambling and lost. Kucinich, while supporting gay marriage was just way too...trippy. Too much "love" and "feeling" and such. Like a hippy out of the late 60's. Richardson was the biggest disappointment of the night, nto really comforable at all. Although i do give him credit for appearing in a forum that he had to know he'd not do well in. So I'm still for Edwards, but leaning towards Obama. I just need to see more from him, I'm willing to give Obama a closer look due to his appearance here.

Friday night, i ate a sub about 5:00. Then about 9:45 for some reason, I was CRAVING breakfast, but had nothing. So i called Ag and asked her if she wanted to go to Denny's for breakfast right now. Without hesitation she said, "Hell yeah." And so, about 10:00pm, we were on our way to Denny's. We both got the Lumberjack Slam, which included three pancakes, two eggs, ham slice, two sausage links, two bacon strips, two pieces of toast. I had a glass of milk AND orange juice as well. And yes, afterwards,I was stuffed. No not the best food, nor the best time to have it for anyone, much less a diabetic, but it's what I wanted and by God, in George Bush's America if you want something you have a God-given right to just go get it...and I did.

Tonight, after work, I went to visit my friend AJ, and saw little ten day old Wyatt again. His big eyes were open and looking around. He's ADORable! AJ and I went to see the Simpsons movie, which wasn't really all that. I mean I enjoyed, but I just seemed like an hour and a half long tv episode...which i guess is what it was. It didn't really bill itself as anything more. So, it wasn't bad, just not great. After this AJ and I went to eat at El Ranchero, and had a great Mexican meal.

A busy week. Just like last week....except no Freddie to cuddle with. *SIGH*

POLT

Nothing says 'International Crisis' like a pair of black stilettos. - The West Wing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Edwards and others saying I'll give the Gays Civil Unions but not equal marriage is a cop out. It is like saying we'll give Blacks the vote but count theirs seperately and not for real.
I can't vote for a guy with the middle name Hussein, sorry Obama, I just can't.
Kucinich is the best but I'm afraid he is not electable. He is for equal Marriage laws and for bringing American jobs back and for repealing NAFTA. Too much money will be spent by the powers that be to keep him down. Heaven forbid he make the U.S. independant from foreign entanglements.

Anonymous said...

Good Grief!! They should call that meal you had at Denny's the "Heavy Cholesterol Bangin' Artery Slam-Shut". Good God...and I suppose you had regular milk with it too?? It just sounds like a death wish to me rather than anything that Bushwack would be asking for.

Hope to see you around for a few more years.

Fairy Godfather.