Monday, August 27, 2007

This is a call to all my past resignations...

Well, Attorney General Alberto 'I don't recall' Gonzalez has resigned. And it's not two or three months too late or anything. Maybe he just saw what Karl 'Turd Blossom' Rove saw last week and decided to jump ship along with the other rats. Now we can get an attorney general in there who perhaps will have his or her first loyalty to the law of the land and not the man in the Oval Office. Even I believe there are still some Republicans out there who feel that way.

Anyone wanna place bets on whether Bushie will appoint someone like that to the job, or whether he'll appoint another sycophant he's known for years from his Texas days? Yeah, that last group has a GREAT track record in the administration don't they?

Oh, and Bushie had this to say: President Bush denounces what he calls “unfair treatment” of Albert Gonzales, adding the attorney general’s “good name was dragged through the mud for political reasons.” Well, he oughta know all about draggin someone's name through the mud for politcial reasons...his administration's been doing that for 7 years now.

Funny thing though: this morning, when the announcement was made, when Gonzalez came out to give his short statement, the news channels were all covering it live. Fox Noise Channel: they were showing the crowd outside the Virginia Courthouse where Michael Vick was going to soon appear to plead guilty to the dogfighting charges.

I guess when there's news you don't like, if you ignore it, maybe that means it never happened? Fox Noise ensured thier viewers went uninformed about the situation. Of course, if you're a regular Fox Noise channel viewer I suppose you're used to being uninformed.

Well, I think the whole Gonzalez tenure can be summed up in the following quote:

"Alberto Gonzales is the first Attorney General who thought the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth were three different things." -Congressman Rahm Emanuel

And as was the case with ol' Turd Blossom's leaving, I'm just sorry he's not taking Bushie and/or Dickie with him.

POLT

Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative. - John Stuart Mill

2 comments:

Bunny said...

I'm totally with you on this, but I bet Shrub goes with another Texan crony. As an attorney myself, Bush "legal" appointments just piss.me.off.

Heidi said...

I have no faith. Whoever is in the oval office is a tool of the global corporations, Republican or Democrat. They don't care about our civil rights because they are not subject to the same laws we are. Rove, Gonzalez quitting do not say to me that things are crumbling, don't I wish. These things are show so we can feel like the criminals are weakening.