Thursday, August 09, 2007

So don't debate, a player straight...

In a little over an hour, the presidential debate on gay issues hosted and shown by Logo will begin. It will be the first, and probably only, debate I'll be watching until the presidential debates next fall. Will it cause me to change my support? Probably not. I'm backing John Edwards, at least until the Democratic convention next year, and I doubt that I'll see or hear anything in this debate that will change my mind.

And I don't expect anything substantial to come out of this debate. I question whether pre-primary debates even matter at all. But it's pleasing to see a debate about gay issues taking place. I mean we have debates for black issues, for business issues, for union issues, for evangelical Christian issues, etc, etc, etc. It's about time we have a debate centering on issue that matter to the gay community. Again, I don't think anything's gonna come of it, or change anyone's minds, but it's just nice to see them discussing issues that matter to me and "my people".

Oh, and is anyone surprised that not a single Republican candidate agreed to join the debate?

POLT Oil: 71.58 (-.60); Gas: 2.78 (+.o3)

She's got girls, girls all over the world. She got men, every now and then. - Joan Jett, ACDC

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Republicans ...... We know what they believe, we are sinners and deserve death on the gallows.

I wish I got Logo, I love to see it.

Onanite

Anonymous said...

Right now I'm on the Hillary Bandwagon. She is losing hundreds of thousands of votes simply because she's a girl. That is so full of Bullshit.
My main reason for wanting her elected is so my brother and all of the right wing conservatives will have to watch as her husband Bill moves back into the White House. Oh they hate him so, even though that is very unchrist-like.

Anonymous said...

Just saw a report on the debates over Gay issues. Of the major candidates only Dennis Kucinich believes gays should be allowed to marry. He just moved into second place in my book.