Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Down the shop, their tongues they snicker...

I know it's several days late, but I've been busy (car buying, snow shoveling, etc) but this is my favorite commercial from the year's Super Bowl.





I LOVE Betty White. I always have. From her days as Sue Ann Niven on The Mary Tyler Moore Show, to her appearances of Match Game and Password to playing Ellen On Mama's Family to, of course, Rose Nyland on The Golden Girls.

I also love her cause she reminds me so much of Mama Polt. Granted, Betty is 20 years old than mom, but they still kinda look alike, and they act alike, especially when Betty was playing Rose. I just can't help but see mom when I see Betty White.

Watch the commerical again and then look at this photo of mom from a few weeks back. Tell me thay don't look alike!


Well, in THIS photo she doesn't look all that much like her, but trust me, they look VERY much alike!

POLT Listening to "Times Like These" by The Foo Fighters

Bob, touch my yams and die! - Red, That 70's Show

3 comments:

Tam said...

I adore Betty White. That's a cute commercial. Oh, I adore Mama Polt too. :-)

Mark My Words said...

I LOVE that Betty White commercial too! Makes me crack up every time. You've probably also seen the other Snickers commercial with Aretha on a road trip, which I also LOVE. Ironically, I found out about both these ads online. Almost kinda makes me want to stop skipping over the commercials on my PVR!

I can see the resemblance!

hoteltuesday said...

I LOVE BETTY.

But I like the other Snickers Diva commercial better (the one in the car). They feature ACTUAL divas. Betty ain't so divaish but she is awesome.