Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A lot of interesting things happened while I was in Toronto...and I don't mean all the mind-blowing sex. I mean that at times when I've been in Toronto, major things happened elsewhere in the world.

During my last trip, in April 2009, you may recall that Senator Spector switched from the Republican to the Democratic party, Bea Arthur died, and the swine flu was in fully rage.

When I was in Toronto in October 2002, the DC sniper, John Allen Muhammed and Lee Boyd Malvo were finally captured after killing 10 people. What was freakiest, is that they were captured not at a rest stop not half an hour from my town, the assumption being they were on their way up to this area to do some more killings. *Shudder*

Also, in October 2002, the plane carrying liberal Minnesota Senator Paul Wellstone crashed, killing him. What a tradegy that was for the nation when his voice was silenced.

During my first trip to Toronto in July 1997, the Mars Pathfinder project landed the Sojouner exploration craft on Mars. It was in ALL the papers, making all the headlines day after day while we were there.

And that's all that I can think of off the top of my head. So the next time you hear me mention I'm going to Toronto, be ready for some possibly earth shattering news!

....other than all my mind-blowing sex.

POLT

1 comment:

Tam said...

Oooooooh. You have the power. Hopefully next time the headline will read "Ottawa woman wins $50 million lottery".