Friday, February 12, 2010

Take it to the runway (Part 16)...

"Run For Cover"


Now with added Chazz!

I missed last week's episode although I've been told poor, sweet, cute, I-dont-listen-to-Tim Jesse was aufed. So here is the photo that would have accompanied last week's post, if I had posted it.


And now, onto this week's episode:

Shirtless Seth Aaron? NO! Jesse with a line of facial stubble? Yes please!
Ben, the colors...I hope they don't come out garish.
Jonathan's hair is much better as a fauxhawk than combed down.
Mila, arrogant much? Perhaps that's why no one congratulated you last time.
Why are Mila and Janeane wearing the same yellow/black/white splotched top?

Now, the runway:
Amy: a floppy mess
Seth Aaron: Disappointingly, I really like it.
Jesse: A corset? Not sure, but it's okay.
Anna: Not cohesive at ALL.
Anthony: Messy, looks amateurish
Janeane: Ok, but bland colored.
Mila: Too short, the bottom arrow looks like it's emphasizing her hootchie
Emilo: Looks like a nightie, but ok.
Jay: Train too long and flowing, not sure.
Jonathan: 1970's Farrah Fawcett, nononono
Maya: Not keen on the collar but okay overall
Ben: Like it. Not garish at all, the colors work.

My top three: Seth Aaron, Maya, Ben, with Ben as the winner
My bottom three: Anna, Anthony, Amy, with Anna going home

The judges choices: Anthony wins, Anna leaves. At least I had one correct, but man was I far off on the winner. It was asymmetrical and looked almost unfinished. Clearly, I'm not meant to work in fashion.

And now for Dave S.'s take:

Okay, Mila, you're starting to get on my nerves. How can you possibly whine, "Why don't they like me?" and then turn around a minute later and be all "I'm wonderful and everyone else sucks!" While you're designing that bland, colorless dress why not take a quick break and get a snack out of the clue machine?

And what the hell was in Anna's head when she came up with that three-piece disco costume? Good lord. It's not Teen People that's Heidi's going to be on the cover of.

Okay, so I moderately agree with the top and bottom groups that the judges chose. Though I absolutely hated Amy's flowery-patterned gross-fest, highlighted by a massive strange coursage stuck to the shoulder like a giant gay hissing cockroach. Yuck.

Anna, goodbye. You're a nice girl, but you're way out of your league at this point. The judges made the right choice.

But Anthony as the winner??? Really? The dress was a nice concept, but the execution sucked. It was a mess of layers that were laying all wrong. Ben's was by far more compelling and beautifully done. The judges definitely got it wrong this time.

And for a younger perspective, Chazz:

Anthony's dress was boring boring boring! Maybe Heidi's just getting more dull with each child she has, because Emilio's dress was far more striking. And Anna got kicked off? Who's Anna?


Glad to see we all three agreed on Anthony's dress. And Chazz's Anna comment made me laugh out loud! Thanks guys. Next week we have little girls, Romper Room on crack and cheap mall outfits.

POLT Listening to "Starlight" by Muse

Each person should walk away from sex satisfied - and if it was really good, at least one person should be limping. - Jason Davis, XY #21

2 comments:

john said...

Jesse showed some humility? Good.
Mila: Cocky bitch.
Anthony is so less annoying than I thought he would be, but he needs to get his shit together.
Mila has an interesting idea.
Ben: I think he may be the dark horse.
"Life isn’t fair so why the hell should project runway be?" Is perhaps the best line ever uttered on this show.


Runway
Amy: nice shape, but ugly colors.
Seth: I actually like it.
Jesse: OK, pass, but no winner.
Anna: Snoozefest.
Anthony: Not bad, but needs a different color.
Janeane: looks poorly made, but has a nice swing.
Mila: ugh.
Emelio: Too short and boring.
Jay: Prettyish.
Jonathan: I actually like it a lot.
Maya: well tailored.
Ben: I want to like it, but I’m not sure I do.

Top three: Ben, Seth, Jonathan.
Bottom: Anna, Janeane, Mila

I think Ben should win, I'm not sure I like it, but it is very interesting. I’d love Mila to go home, but I think Jeananne is going home.

Good for Anthony. His reaction seems very genuine. I’m ok with Anna going, her look was boring.

Ryan said...

Seriously, where was the color?

Also: Mila looks very sad. She is proof that if you keep making a certain face, it will stay that way.

My thoughts from favorite to least favorite:

Ben: Bold and interesting.

Emilio: It looks a bit like a nightie, but he kept the challenge in mind both in his choice of color and detailing.

Seth Aaron: Dramatic. The color is a bit boring, but I don't think he could have improved the color without making the suit look silly.

Anthony: I would have like the dress a lot more if the ruffles were more integrated into the dress. As it is, they look like they are just lying on the front.

Jesse: A better color choice and a little better fit would have done a lot to improve his concept.

Amy: Fabric flowers are a no-no. Just ask whats her name from a few seasons ago. I also don't like that it looks like a series of scarves hanging from a top, but I'll give her credit for not choosing a bland fabric like everyone below her.

Jay: The strap is ugly, and the color is bland. The rest of the dress is graceful, but I doubt that it would come across in a photograph.

Jonathon: A bit too buttery, especially for a blonde.

Mila: Very bland. The neckline fades into the model. The triangles aren't interesting.

Maya: The collar looks like someone cut it out of a stack of boring colored paper.

Janeane: Bland, ill-fitting, and the seams on the top and the bottom don't line up.

Anna: I really like her (probably because she reminds me of a friend who moved away a couple of years ago and seems equally as nice), but none of the pieces fit together, nothing does anything to enhance the model's figure, and the colors are bland.