Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I haven't watched a second of the Winter Olympics.


Granted, I've been having issues since they opened, mainly with the old laptop and having to get a new one and the resulting stress overload. But I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been watching much of them anyway. i don't like many winter sports. While I can find ice skating a beautiful and graceful thing, I hate watching it scored because it's all opinion. I prefer sports that are not won subjectively. I mean, if you're the first one across the finish line, then obviously, you're the winner. It doesn't matter what the Soviet judge may think of you or your performance. First one across is the winner.

I've never been interested in skiing of any kind. I still just can't seem to think of snowboarding as a sport. I mean, when are they gonna get skateboarding in the summer Olympics, right? Hockey's fun, but I hate watching it on TV, I always lose the damn puck. I much prefer it live, where I can follow the puck AND joing in the rousing cheers and shouts and chants of the crowd. And really, curling? How the hell is THAT considered a sport? It looks like shuffleboard on ice.

Plus, the really big disadvantage for me is this: the athletes are wearing too much damn clothing! Gimme the Speedo in swimming or diving or water polo, give me the tight wreslting singlets, give me the short shorts and clinging wife beaters of gymnastics and running and track showing off those muscular thighs. Even if I have no interest in the sport, I can at least be interested in the athletes.

I have no beef with someone who's into the Olympics and enjoys watching them. more power to ya. for me, though, I think I'm just sit this year out and wait until 2012 for the London Summer Olympics.

POLT

2 comments:

Tam said...

Oh sweetie, you are missing out. We have it on 3 channels up here 23 hours a day. The one channel breaks or a half hour of evening news. Most nights we spend our time flicking between the three channels to catch everything that we can. Yes, we are Olympic nuts.

You want to see some nice Olympic manflesh you can check out my Dutch friend Janna's site. She posted some pics of Dutch speedskating hottie Sven Kramer.

I posted some Olympic opening pics you might enjoy and I tried to make curling sexy if you read my thing I wrote. Well, maybe not curling. LOL

You just have to seek out the hottness, it's there. I love snowboarding as a sport, it's exciting and fast. But I love it all when it comes to the Olympics, even biathlon to get a glimpse of Canadian hottie Jean-Phillipe le Guellac.

I'll miss the Olympics. Sigh.

Michelle M. said...

I like watching the figure skating. That's all I can handle this year. I need to read Tam's thing she wrote.