Friday, February 19, 2010

Take it to the runway (Part 17)...

"A Little Bit Of Fashion"



(I got nothing from Dave S. or Chazz overnight, so this will be a solo review. If they send me anything, I'll update the post with their comments!)

Make a look for a little girl and then, surprise, make a complimentary look for a model!

Just some observations first:

Jonathan's scared of children? really? He did finally shine this episode, he came out of the woodwork and developed a personality.
A dog at Mood??? I LOVE Mood!!!
"If I was a little girl, I would wear green." - Anthony
Ben and Jay using purple, Jesse and Emilio wearing purple! This could possibly be my favorite episode ever!
Jay in white short-shorts? Yes please!
Tim says - "You're rockin' Halloween" and "Stop the show or clown clothes!"

The looks:
Anthony: I don't think they're compatable, but they're well made
Amy: Looks sloppily made, girl's looks thrown together
Ben: Don't see them as compatable, but well made
Seth Aaron: Matched, looks good but a bit out there
Jesse: Like it all around, chic
Jonathan: Too many ruffles
Maya: Nicely matched, looks good
Mila: Works together but too 60's-ish
Emilo: Love it! Both extremely well made, could see them at a wedding
Janeane: Matches kinda but very drab and boring
Jay: Matching ruffles are awesome, nice look

My top three: Emilio, as the winner, Jesse & Jay
My bottom three: Janeane, as the loser, Amy, Mila

I think the judges were way off on the winner. I thought Seth Aaron's girl's dress was do-able, but the model's one just seemed too..gimmicky. I totally agreed that Janeane needed to go.

Next week, we have Hardware, screaming, hammering, cheesefests, and dirty vacuum bags. Sounds like any Saturday night around Casa de Polt! Be-da-DUM!


POLT

2 comments:

john said...

Amy is the same size as the kids.
Jonathan’s Michael Kors impression was hysterical.
God, I hope Emilio goes home.
Tim on the floor! How freaking adorable is he?!?

Ok, the kids in the work room wasn’t nearly as annoying as I thought it would be.

Runway
Anthony: Pass to next challenge.
Amy: No, just no.
Ben: Love it. I'm liking him more and more.
Seth: I like the big jacket, but the young outfit looks a little over designed.
Jesse: Well done. Very chic.
Johnathan: No, too out there for the kids outfit and the older outfit is kind of messy.
Maya: I like both.
Mila: It works, but boring.
Emilio: Kmart blue light special.
Janeane: I don't mind it, if a bit simple.
Jay: I like it.

I like Jesse’s the most of the top three.
Seth’s mom jacket is really cool, but hate the jeans.
Jay’s is nice, but lose the scarf. Mom look is a little much on the shirt.
I think Seth is going to win.

Janeane: I didn't mind it that much.
Johnathan: Overdone.
Amy: The pants really are pretty bad.


Woah! Was it me or was Neena’s skirt WAY short.

I’m ok with Seth winning.
Wow, they kept Jonathan?
I’m not surprised Janeane went home, but I would have sent Amy home.

Ryan said...

I was impressed by the overall quality. Unlike the team challenge, I actually liked most pairs of dresses.

I agree with the top three, and would have been fine with any of them winning. I also agree with the bottom three, and could have sent any of them home.

My rankings:
Seth Aaron: I chose him as the winner because he put the most thought into what a girl that age would like rather than what people would want to see girls that age wear.

Jay: Sophisticated and hip. Not a traditional outfit for a little girl but still appropriate.

Jesse: A more classic look but with some twists to make it new again.

Emilio: A nice pair of dresses, but they have a bit too much of an Easter/Wedding feel.

Anthony: I like the colors and the neckline on the model.

Ben: I like the girl's dress, but the model's top needs a little work.

Maya: The outfits work well together, but the model's jacket has a little too much going on.

Mila: The outfits feel a bit disconnected.

Jonathan: The model's dress looks horrible, and while the girl's dress looks good, it was also uncomfortable.

Janeane: The oranges clash and the outfit just looks cheap.

Amy: Yuck!! The colors don't compliment each other (blue and orange are complimentary colors, blue-green and pastel orange are not). The girl's outfit is a bizarre combination of tacky pieces that become even worse when thrown together. And finally, the model's pants are hideous, and from what I saw on the runway, not even finished.