Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I wanna get snowed in with you, i wanna shake off these winter blues...

So we're getting hit with another snowstorm that gonna brings upwards of a foot or more of snow. *YAWN* This is the third time this winter, the second time in a week...is this all you got Mother Nature? Puh-lease, you don't scare me.

This is what Snowpocalypse, Part Drei looked like from my front door:


I think we only have about a foot of snow, but the winds are gusting, the TV says, upwards of 30 mph hour, so I don't know how much of what you see is snow falling and snow blowing.

After being inside as much as I have, I got a tad bit cabin feverish and I decided to go out in it. But just half a block north to the Rutters convience store. I was craving a salad (no, I don't know why either) and thought I'd go there to get one. Once I got there, they didn't have any salads, but they weren't out of anything else. So I got two hot dogs, a soft pretzel, a local paper and the Washington Post. But on the trek, I also took the following photos:

Icicle deathtrap on my back porch.


Icicle deathtrap on my front porch.


The wind is doing crazy things. On my front porch here we have a roughly two foot high snow drift and not two feet away, bare porch.


My front steps are more accurately my front slope now.


An interesction, everything still snow covered and snow coming down. And don't let the traffic full you. There are more vehicles in this one photo than I saw on my entire trek otherwise.


This is 3rd Street Hill, a major road in town, still snow covered. It IS pretty on the trees and such though.


Upon returning, this is snow mid way up my calf, halfway to my knee. And now, I'm inside until it stops snowing. Only then shall I attempt to shovel any of it.

And just to give you some perspective on what we've got since last Friday, below is a photo of my backyard, with Miss Cleo parked there, just as the snow was beginning:

And this is my bakyard, with the new car parked in it, on Wednesday afternoon and in the midst of the second snowstorm (you can use the two poles as reference points) :


I got NO idea where we're gonna PUT all this. We'll have snow lingering around until July!

POLT Listening to "Beth" by Kiss

Believe an old debaucher like me, only the most exquisite of pleasures are capable of inducing a guilty next morning taste. - Shade, Starman #41

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So far this storm has been a wet firecracker. Mostly rain here in RI.

Of course it is supposed to 'snow' right through the night. So maybe we'll get some accumulation as temps drop but I doubt it. It's been a pretty good winter so far.

And I always have in my memory, the year we got a total of 120 inches of snowfall. That was ugly.

Anonymous said...

So far this storm has been a wet firecracker. Mostly rain here in RI.

Of course it is supposed to 'snow' right through the night. So maybe we'll get some accumulation as temps drop but I doubt it. It's been a pretty good winter so far.

And I always have in my memory, the year we got a total of 120 inches of snowfall. That was ugly.

Anonymous said...

We have big icicles too! I keep knocking them down by the door, but they keep coming back!!