Saturday, February 27, 2010

I'll always love my mama, she's my favorite...

Mom called me about noon and asked if I wanted some of the pizza she had gotten but hadnt eaten. I told her I didn't, I wasn't feeling pizza at the time. Then she said she had made some chili earlier, and did I want any of that? Well, DUH, of course I did, I LOVE Mama Polt's homemade...well anything really, but chili especially.

I had laundry in the dryer, so I didn't want to leave to go eat some. She said she could bring some down. I told her just whenever she was gonna go out, to just stop some by there was no rush. She said okay, and we hung up.

So I piddled around the house for a bit, and as I sat down to pay some bills, I hear a knock at the back door. It was mom. I didn't see her car, so I asked where she parked, but she said, "It's a beautiful day out. Its a bit cold, but sunny, so I just walked it down." She sat a bag on the table and pulled out a tupperware container with chili and told me I'd have to heat it up. Then she pulled out a towel, which mystified me. But as she unwrapped it, inside was an aluminum foil wrapped grilled cheese sandwich! She had made me a sandwich, wrapped it up and walked it down to me!

Is my mom one of THE best mom's in the entire freakin' world or what? She stayed and sat and talked with me while I ate. Even a bit afterwards. And then she took her container and walked back home. One the THE best inDEED!

POLT

3 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Your mom is a sweetheart. You are very lucky indeed!

Anonymous said...

awww, how sweet.

Truthspew said...

Aww.. that is sweet!

And yes, I know the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GjxlguPYo0

And I note Blogger's OpenID (OID) link is fubar today.