Sunday, February 28, 2010

I'm super loud, like sonic boom, like racing trains, like bells at noon...

Today, as I may have mentioned somewhere, A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking took me on, what he has called, A Magical Mystery Tour. We agreed we were gonna make a trip somewhere, ala the White Castle adventure, and he knew where he was taking me, but he wouldn't tell me. Other than it was south and 45 miles away (much better, by the way, than going east for 5 hours to White Castle).

Where he took me was to Winchester Virginia, and where he took me to eat was...a Sonic Drive-In. I have never been to one, neither had he, hence why we went. I've seen the commercials, and laughed at most of them. ALCMDPP, however, claims he's never even seen a commercial for it. So I told him about this one, that always cracks me up:



All of their ads that I've seen have the same style: two people sitting in a car, eating food, talking about Sonic. See, at Sonic, you pull up to those screens, place your order, pay with a card (well that's how we did it) and then sit there and wait until they bring the food out to you. And you eat it in your car.

Interesting concept. The food was okay, certainly much better than the White Castle food we had last trip! I don't think I'd drive 45 miles to get it, but if I was in the area, it was certainly good enough to stop and get again.

But while we were sitting there, waiting for the food, I thought it appropriate to try a Sonic commercial ourselves. ALCMDPP played along halfheartedly. It was only after we finished that I realized I hadn't actually turned the damn camera on! D'uh! So we tried it again. Or rather I tried it again. He was much less willing to play:



It's close, right?

So now we've made pligrimages to White Castle and Sonic. I shudder to think where we may go next time.

POLT

4 comments:

Tam said...

The kidlet wanted to go to Sonic when we were in the US last summer. But it seems we either couldn't find one or it was 10:00 in the morning and I wasn't having burgers for breakfast. Maybe this summer. We did get to chik-fil-a. Whooppee.

Michelle M. said...

Sonic should snap you two up.
This Sonic commercial is my favorite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDH4AboJKPk

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I can't believe you'd never been to a sonic! The food isn't great but the dessert stuff and special drink are the best. Happy hour is the best time to go for their drinks.

hoteltuesday said...

Why are there are so few Sonic in the area?!!? I've never been to one.