Sunday, February 21, 2010

Saturday night's all right...

When I left work yesterday at 4:00, it was the last time I'd have to work until March! Today is my regular day off. I have the annual training at work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Then, since Monday is my usual day off, but I'm in training, I'm switchin it to Friday, so I have off Friday. A co-worker is working for me Saturday, and then I have my regular days off Sunday and Monday.

In other words, I have the next nine days off from actual work. Which is kinda awesome. the downside is, of the next 12 days after my nine off, I have to work 11 of them, which sucks. And I'm sure at that time, I'll really be hating it. But for now, I'm kinda excited about the nine day no work vacation without having to use a minute of leave.

What I'm also not too keen about is the fact that I now have a phlegmy cough. Not a real bad one, but I'm really hoping this isn't the beginning of something worse. I mean, that would be SO typical: I get four days off in a row, and I get a bad case of the hacking flu during it. I popped some Mucinex and am hoping that takes care of it.

And, the dinner date with the female coworker went much better than I anticipated last night. We had great food, awesome conversations and lots of laughs and fun. Afterwards, we decided to get a bottle of Asti and bring it back to my house to drink it. She was here for over two hours while we talked and drank. I came out, officially, to her, although she already knew. Or was pretty sure. but I mean, how could she NOT be? she's not stupid or brain dead. And i got to thinking how much it was like a REAL date cause a) I bought the meal, b) I bought the Asti, c) I brought her back to my place but d) we didn't have sex. Sounds like a typical Saturday night date for some straight men, right?

POLT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my old retail career, you'd work 9 to 11 days without a day off then have too much time off.

I like the IT world better. It's a M-F job, 35 to 37 hours a week. Occasional call ins but those get tagged as 1.5 times hours in a lot cases.

At my last state job I had so much comp time that I was working 3 day weeks for six months.

Much of that was when we made our move to a new facility. Really racked up the hours there.