Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sliding the slopes....

Today I was out trudging around in the remains of Snowpocalypse, Part Drei. Naturally, i got some photos.


This slope, this ski range, was what previously was known as my front steps. I managed to shovel out about half of it and then said screw it, cause honestly, there was no place to put the snow.


The as-yet-unnamed new car (don't forget to vote on it over in the sidebar if you haven't done so already) in the space I shoveled out for him. I had to get the snow out from UNDER him that somehow had blown under there and got packed in. Yeah, that was fun.


These are the deathtrap icicles hanging from my balcony roof. The nearest one are right over where I exit the house in the back. It's an adreneline rush just trying to get out to the car each day.


The unplowed alley.


I walked up another unplowed alley. I was following one set of footprints already there. Obviously whoever made them was also walking a dog, because the little set of prints broke off by itself for a short bit. Made me chuckle watching it.


The sidewalk is plowed with a snowblower. The car space has been kinda shoveled out. It left an interesting wall of snow standing between them.


Mom snow-blew a section of the snow in the grass away so that Angel could go to the bathroom. What she left behind was a mushroom shaped mound.


Mom's back porch. Somewhere under there is a round picnic table, four benches and at least two chairs. That picket fence is about halfway between by waist and armpit, so that shows you how high it is.


These were deathtrap icicles hanging from mom's deck roof. The longer ones are close to a yard long. Thankfully, they're not hanging down on an area where anyone walks.


I attempted to get Angel in the 'piddle-walk' area mom plowed, but you can't really see how she disappears when inside it.


I took my photo in front of another large snow dune. It didn't turn out as well as I planned, but the dune, where is surrounds the tree, is just about at my shoulder length. And I'm 6'1" tall.


And I had a neighbor get a photo of me next to a mound in the backyard. This is where we threw a whole bunch of the snow, as there was really nowhere else to put it. And one again, you see that it's up to my shoulders.

Now, I've always said I love snow, and I still do. But frankly, I'm done with it for this year. No more, Mother Nature, thank you very much.

POLT Listening to last week's Project Runway episode

Don't be sexist...chicks hate that.

3 comments:

Mark said...

I voted for Sebastian. It just seems like a fitting followup to Miss Cleo. And it reminds me of Mr. French.

Tam said...

Wow, looks suspiciously like Canada on a normal winter. What's up with that? Beautiful and white though and I'm sure Angel enjoyed it.

Mark said...

Just Please don't name him Oliver. That's the creepy looking kid that was introduced to the Brady Bunch after the show had "Jumped the Shark".

And you look quite Dapper standing next to the mound. ;-)